Thread: GLHS #134 new everything,many spares, well known car.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

GLHS #134 new everything,many spares, well known car.

Date: 21st July 2015
    Username: ForzaV12
    Full Name:Steve F
    City, State, Zip:Laguna Niguel, Ca 92677
    Selling or Wanted Price: 9500.

Description: .
    Up for sale is a truly special piece of Shelby GLHS history. GLHS 134.
    This particular Shelby GLHS is well known in the Shelby Dodge and Shelby Ford communities. It has received special recognition from Mr. Shelby himself. It was invited to attend his Terlingua Reunion in 2008 and was transported to the event in the Shelby American 18 wheeler in the company of real Cobras, a GT40 and Shelby Mustangs. Quite a surprise when it was off loaded at the event. During the event, it continued to show that Shelby's original vision was ahead of it's time as it ran strongly amongst the latest cool offerings from Shelby American. Mr. Shelby himself commented about how well it ran and sat in the car to sign the dashboard-"Enjoy! Carroll Shelby".
    This GLHS has also been honored to have been one of only two GLHS cars to run the track events at the SAAC national convention at the California Super Speedway. Again, it acquitted itself very well.
    A regular at many Shelby events and car shows, this GLHS never fails to draw questions and admiration for its performance. I've owned and continue to own examples of the fine Shelby Ford products and this car is just as much fun at a fraction of the expense.
    This GLHS has a number of interesting additions. It has a completely competition built engine that features forged rods, custom forged pistons, forged crank, big valve head that is ported, thermal coatings,etc. The turbo is Super 60 spec(will easily handle and bigger turbo/boost) and the injectors are larger. This engine was built to handle big boost numbers and with the addition of an even bigger turbo and exhaust, another 100HP would be possible. I didn't want to lose it's street and smog legal manners so while its much faster than stock, it is still quiet, passes emissions and runs very reliably. The transmission was also fully rebuilt(moly plate, special gears, shift rods,etc) and a new hi-po clutch assembly fitted-by our west coast TD trans guru, Pat Pedroza.
    It is running LRE springs and fresh Konis. 16' light alloys are on the car with Z-rated tires.
    In order to better handle the track events, a set of factory SRT "Viper" seats are mounted and a Competition steering wheel. A new catalytic convertor is in place.
    Street comfort wasn't neglected either. A modern stereo(Bluetooth, Ipod plug,amp) was installed with nice door speakers and amp. The factory AC system was upgraded and works very well. A Turbos Unlimited custom alloy radiator and a NASCAR fan have been installed to ensure cool running regardless of weather or traffic. I even installed a set of modern Maserati horns-they sound great! Driven gently, you can achieve close to 30 MPG with the AC on!
    Of course, I saved all of the original parts-engine, seats,radio,springs,Konis,etc and they will be included. Also included are the original 86 Shelby GLHS alloy wheels with new autocross rubber.
    This really is a special GLHS. Its been everywhere, runs very well on track or street and has an unmatched history. As we know, Carroll always said that the Shelby GLHS was his favorite of all the cars he built and he drove and retained the number 1 GLHS until the day he passed. This car is still in the Shelby American museum.
    The body on the this Shelby is in great condition with no rust or damage. There are a variety of chip and minor scratches from all of the events it has run. Some of the decals are showing wear too. I will include a complete set of GLHS decals and graphics that can be used should the next owner decide to paint the car. I also have a SRT rear seat and second GLHS rear seat so that the upholstery can be matched to the front seats-also included. I have all the manuals, brochures, Koni shock adjuster knobs,etc that will be included.It has a heim jointed shift linkage(original included).
    This car was certified by Shelby American and the Certificate of Authenticity is included. I also have a mint GLHS steering wheel, extra door panels, air dam,etc.
    While the car has done a few track events, it is NOT a beat up track rat. The vast majority of my use has been on the street. The decals on the body are easily removable. It also has an NOS GLHS grill fitted.

The original matching numbers engine is included and was running fine when pulled for the pro built engine currently in the car. The car does have a Shelby "Indy" intercooler installed and the original is included. The factory seats are in good condition and I also will include a bolt of the original seat fabric. Wheel bearings are new as are the CV axles. TU alloy radiator is installed and factory piece is included. NOS grill on car. All lights, heater,wipers, AC,etc work perfectly. I'll also include a ton of GLHS memorabilia and an NOS GLHS t-shirt that I produced years ago. This GLHS was featured in the TM calendar a few years ago as well.Currently registered and insured in California under my name. Thanks.

87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: GLHS #134 new everything,many spares, well known car.

Awesome car. Nice price. If you decide to part, dibs on the glovebox. GLWS.

Mitsu booster

Didnt this car just recently sell on ebay?

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

No. He has had it for a while.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ogopogo View Post
    Didnt this car just recently sell on ebay?
    It was on Ebay, but he decided to keep it rather than let it go for so little.

Hybrid booster

SO MUCH WANT! ugh

Yes, it was on the bay-had a buyer that strung me along for nearly a month-then wanted another few weeks for some investments to mature or some other nonsense. I've been holding the car for him and finally decided to offer it up again(he didn't give me a deposit or anything-guess I'm old school and my word is my bond).
    Drove #134 yesterday-runs great, stays cool in 95 degree heat with the AC keeping the interior ice cold. Its had the fan relay upgrade-no more dumb solenoid fails! Its also had a custom billet clutch adjuster fabbed and installed so no more snapping sounds as the factory piece will always fail at some point. XM radio works great,tires are near new, the engine has less than 2K on it, the trans about 3K. Real horns from a new Maserati get folks out of the way. Considering the history,tons of extra goodies and the BIGGEST Shelby signature ever-this is a smoking deal. I am trying to reduce my storage obligations and I just have too many cars to enjoy so need to sell a half dozen or so. (L88 engined 69 Corvette, 69 440 Pursuit Polara, 69 Fury vert, Donohue/Mitchell Camaro, 68 Porsche 912, 77 L82 Corvette,etc-all up for sale shortly!)
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaV12 View Post
    Yes, it was on the bay-had a buyer that strung me along for nearly a month-then wanted another few weeks for some investments to mature or some other nonsense. I've been holding the car for him and finally decided to offer it up again(he didn't give me a deposit or anything-guess I'm old school and my word is my bond).
    Drove #134 yesterday-runs great, stays cool in 95 degree heat with the AC keeping the interior ice cold. Its had the fan relay upgrade-no more dumb solenoid fails! Its also had a custom billet clutch adjuster fabbed and installed so no more snapping sounds as the factory piece will always fail at some point. XM radio works great,tires are near new, the engine has less than 2K on it, the trans about 3K. Real horns from a new Maserati get folks out of the way. Considering the history,tons of extra goodies and the BIGGEST Shelby signature ever-this is a smoking deal. I am trying to reduce my storage obligations and I just have too many cars to enjoy so need to sell a half dozen or so. (L88 engined 69 Corvette, 69 440 Pursuit Polara, 69 Fury vert, Donohue/Mitchell Camaro, 68 Porsche 912, 77 L82 Corvette,etc-all up for sale shortly!)
    Aguywho'llgivemeafreeglhssayswhat

Hybrid booster

Amazing looking car, wish I had money haha. Good luck with sale! Did you do the SRT seat install yourself? Any pictures of the process?

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Aguywho'llgivemeafreeglhssayswhat
    Que?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCanadian007 View Post
    Amazing looking car, wish I had money haha. Good luck with sale! Did you do the SRT seat install yourself? Any pictures of the process?
    Yes, welded/modded the SRT brackets to fit-no pics. If I remember, I'll take a couple shots when I get the GLHS out of the hanger this week end.

Hybrid booster

Yes, welded/modded the SRT brackets to fit-no pics. If I remember, I'll take a couple shots when I get the GLHS out of the hanger this week end.
    If you could that would be awesome. Thanks!

Foiled again.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by TheCanadian007 View Post
    If you could that would be awesome. Thanks!
    I removed the stock neon mounts from the slider and welded the omni mounts to the neon slider. Post 133 in my build thread. http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...he-smurf/page4

going on the bay again this week end.

Mitsu booster

going on the bay again this week end.
    Did the car sell on EBay again? Or still available? Thanks

Still available-its on the bay now(have been too busy to relist it until yesterday) with a lower reserve. Contact me if you'd like to work a deal to end auction, thanks.

item#

Super low reserve met-probably going cheap.