Thread: 87 Shelby Z. No Spark or Fuel.

Hybrid booster

87 Shelby Z. No Spark or Fuel.

checked for voltage at the coil and injectors and got noting. the fuel pump isn't priming. I know the dist pick-up is ok as I had the motor running before I swapped back to an 87 T2 electronics from 89 electronics. When I pulled the 87 electronics there was an Alpine alarm, strangely it didn't appear to be connected to anything it just kinda fell out but if it was hooked up, where should I check to make sure there wasn't a splice that camp apart and is cutting off the wire?

If I cant figure it out, I guess I'll just swap back to the 89 electronics.....

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: 87 Shelby Z. No Spark or Fuel.

Is there a known good computer in it? Do you get the pump to prime when you jump the coil?

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

If you're not getting voltage at the coil, injectors, or fuel pump, your not getting power through the ASD relay. Find the ASD relay, and listen to see if it pulls in when you turn on the key. You should hear it click. Check to see if you have control power coming into the relay with the key on, and also main power coming into the relay. You can ground the DB/YL wire on the diagnostic plug with the key on- engine off and manually activate the ASD relay to check for voltage.

Not sure if you're a member over there or not, but there is a great diagnostic thread over on TD.com: http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/...k-84-90-a.html

Hybrid booster

Did the test, everything checked out ok. But still get no power when I try to start the car. I'm thinking I gotta trace the wiring back to find where the old car alarm was connected. I'm thinking that might have somthing to do with the ASD relay not coming to life when I turn it over with the key.