Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Child seat tether TSB

Hybrid booster

Re: Child seat tether TSB

I'll get a video of mine next week. Currently at the hospital for the wife to pop out kid number 2

Hybrid booster

Re: Child seat tether TSB

I've tried two different child seats. It's my car and my child and IMO there is nothing that can be done to have it in there tight enough. Whether it be the slippery leather surface, shape of the seat (the Lebaron back seat is narrow, child seats are wide), or the possibility that the lap belts are just rubbish after 24 years of being rolled up unused 99% of the time, I don't know. The way the belt works in our 99 Grand Caravan the shoulder belt is basically doing nothing (it would of course lock up in a crash) and it's easy to get the seat tight enough that it will not rock forward or spin side to side. Same story in the wife's 98 Nissan Sentra but the shoulder belt does lock into place which is nice. So again, I just won't risk it as I don't really have any reason to besides a three year old occasionally whining about wanting to "ride in daddy's white car".

Congrats EaZyE426!
    1991 Chrysler Lebaron GTC convertible - a568 - 15psi FWD Stage 3, FMIC, TII Garrett turbo, two of the big ones

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12