Thread: Thinking of picking up another GTP

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Thinking of picking up another GTP

What do you think of this one? Notice the similarity to the Consulier? This IMSA GTP ran the series with three different engines, a Pontiac LS, A Lexus V8 and a Porsche. It will currently run a Porsche engine.

I was going to post pics but this site absolutely SUCKS when you need to add images. I've wasted enough time. I think the pic of the GTP is in my user gallery. I'm out.
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

Re: Thinking of picking up another GTP

That thing looks slick as F^&$!

turbo addict

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

You can't "attach" pics to the post right now. Some software needs updating.

you have to host it in the gallery or on an external image hosting site and paste the url into the post in between [img] [/img] tags or click on the url tab and unclick the "retrieve and reference file locally" checkbox.

Then it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict

Are you wanting to get into racing Steve or is this a Project / Investment for you?

If this car has documented race history it could be worth picking up. Is it currently operational with the P motor? Is the price right?

Hybrid booster

It's funny to me that this cars overall shape is so similar , windshield angle etc side view yet I imagine the car magazines would call it sexy etc ...., what does the front end look like?
    Has anyone looked into a larger , similar wing on a consulier?
    Last edited by polopharm; 06-22-2015 at 11:10 AM.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    You can't "attach" pics to the post right now. Some software needs updating.

you have to host it in the gallery or on an external image hosting site and paste the url into the post in between [img] [/img] tags or click on the url tab and unclick the "retrieve and reference file locally" checkbox.

Then it works fine.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    Are you wanting to get into racing Steve or is this a Project / Investment for you?

If this car has documented race history it could be worth picking up. Is it currently operational with the P motor? Is the price right?
    I'm done with organized racing(except for LeMons type stuff), too many fat wallets attached to even fatter heads. Ruined vintage racing, IMO. It does have documented race history. P-motor going in-needs some type of adaptor for trans and its difficult to source for the P Motor. That car I posted belongs to a friend of mine that builds killer 911 engines. He did a twin plug, 3.2 short stroke race motor for my little 67, its a work of art! The one I'm looking at is nearly identical. Pricing varies, but they aren't really giving the good cars away yet. Would be fun to be the king of all track days again! And who knows, with a special construction VIN , it may even be able to terrorize the streets a little?

Quote Originally Posted by polopharm View Post
    It's funny to me that this cars overall shape is so similar yet I imagine the car magazines would call it sexy etc ....
    Has anyone looked into a larger , similar wing on a consulier?
    Yeah, that's the truth. Thanks to some clueless folks in the press, the Consulier was saddled with an "ugly" label that just wasn't fair to anyone that knew the inspiration for the car. Funny thing is, the hard core enthusiasts and the younger car crowd(never had the chance to be tainted by the original press comments) always thought the GTP looked great.
    A larger wing would be effective. Mosler himself went to the larger detached wing on the later Raptor.
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

boostaholic

If the price is right and you can get it plated...

boostaholic

And like HR Giger's Alien, better with no eyes.

Garrett booster

If anyone else wanted something the same, but different.

http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/ot...36789107ss.htm