Thread: Eibach springs

Eibach springs

Looking for a set of eibach's for my Daytona. I believe the older ones had less drop and were stiffer? I think anyway, could have that backwards. But I'm hoping to find a set and maybe bring them to carlisle or SDAC to avoid shipping costs.

*looking for untouched originals, if you chopped them more I am not interested*

I will also not buy if the eibach name isn't still on them. I need proof they are eibachs and not just some random rusted spring.

Garrett booster

Re: Eibach springs

I have a set with very few miles on them. I will let them go in trade of a set of factory CSX springs. Let me know.

I only have my shelby Z springs, not sure if they are the same. I know they are better than stock daytona springs, but I think CSX springs are shorter?

turbo addict

2801's are the early springs and are perfect on a daytona as far as suspension alignment. 2804's are later, stiffer but people have had to cut the progressive coils off them to get the ride height the way they wanted it. Cindy just made a batch that are dropped more than the 2804's and I believe are the same rate as the 2804's were, I've only seen 1 set installed out on the web so far so there isn't really enough opinions out there to have some good data about them IMO.

To me it seems that the 2801's were made for stub strut kframes and the 2804's for the dual pivots. My 2801's are too soft on my 89 kframe 87ShelbyZ. I haven't found a set of 2804 fronts that are un-cut to play with though I want to.

So the 2804's are a little higher? Whats the drop on the 2801's VS the 4's? Honestly even if the 4's are only 1'' I'd be ok with that. I'm mostly looking for the stiffness rather than drop, so I don't squat so hard on the launch.

turbo addict

The 4's are stiffer all around. The 1's are plenty stiff in the back. I don't get any squat(3120lbs, we didn't on an 85 Laser (2650lbs) with the 1's. My issue with the 1's being too soft is in the front. I bottom out on big bumps though that's because I have a dual pivot K with spherical bearings so it doesn't take much to move the a-arm and there is the same little to no resistance throughout the travel of the a-arm. A regular dual pivot has resistance as the rubber binds up when it rotates though it's still way easier to move than the stub strut stuff. So I want to try a set of 2804's on just my front end.

As far as the difference in drop I don't have 1st hand knowledge, just people saying that the 4's actually raised the front of their cars and that they had to cut some of the progressive coils off to get it to sit right.

Gotcha. Thanks for your input!