Thread: KYB AGX adjustables on GLH

Hybrid booster

KYB AGX adjustables on GLH

Hey guys,

I've been going back and forth between thinking of raising the boost or upgrading my suspension on the Omni in order to get myself into the low 12's or high 11's. The Omni is sitting on stock GLH suspension and squats down pretty hard when it comes into boost. I keep thinking that if the a$$ end didn't squat so much and it was a bit more firm, then my ET will reflect it positively.

So, reading up on the stickied KYB AGX thread, how difficult would the install be on an L-body, does it lower the car at all, do I need to get new springs, and what do I use on the rears??

If I do this upgrade, I want to have a before and after "squat/launch test" to compare before and afters with physical evidence other than "its alot more firm." I would do this in crude fashion by temporarily welding a vertical rod to the trailing arm which would come up through the hatch where it can be recorded with a camera... or something

Also, I would like the car to sit lower. Not much, just like an inch or so.

Thanks!

turbo addict

Re: KYB AGX adjustables on GLH

What's your 60 ft time now?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

I have no experience with the KYBs, but I'd want to put the money/effort into the suspension, it'll pay off now and further down the road, when you invariably up the boost...

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Hybrid booster

Well, I'm currently around 24psi right now and my best time has been a 12.6 @ 114. I notice on launch that the car sits down alot and I usually get more than preferable tire spin with 23" slicks. So far, the best 60 foot time I've ever gotten has been a 1.9 which got me a 12.7 ET with my wife riding in the car with me. I got a 2.0 sixty foot when I ran the 12.6. I would do Koni's but I just cant afford the $1500 to do that route.

Garrett booster

Did you do anything with your suspension?