1983 Chrysler L-Body - to no one's surprise my passenger side floor pan is covered in rust. After removing most of it, I saw a few holes that have eaten all the way through. There are two dime-sized holes, one in front and one in the rear; as well as 5 or 6 pea-sized or smaller little holes or small clusters.

As far as I can tell there is no replacement floor pan, and it is a huge PITA to make a new one and de/re/install it.

I'm looking for advice on a temporary Patch. Wondering if cutting sheet metal and epoxy/liquid nails-ing it over the holes might hold for a few years. The general plan is, since I've got the carpet and pads out, hit everything with rusty metal primer (after patching i'd assume) and a few coats of paint. Probably not going to have this vehicle more than another 5 years, so really just looking for a way to keep water out for a relatively short period of time.

Is there a preferred sealant of some sort? There's a lot of rust though it's down as far as I can get it without making more holes...

Thanks!