I've been trying to trouble shoot why my cruise control has never worked since I bought the car 3 months ago. I checked out everything as per the FSM and all the components check out to being OK. At one time previously I removed the ECM and noticed writing on it in yellow paint, like you would get from a junk yard, "Plymouth Reliant". I did not get the numbers off of it but at the time didn't think more of it than just the ECM being changed out at some time. I seem to remember reading but can't find it again that if the ECM came out of a car that didn't have cruise control the programming would not be in the ECM and then of course the cruise would not function. Could anyone confirm that about the programming? I was surprised to see everything check out good but the cruise still not working.

The only test that wasn't In the FSM was a vacuum test. I pulled a vacuum on the unit without any wires connected and I didn't see the cable move but I didn't know if it would without power going to it.

This is a 1988 Chrysler Town & Country 2.5Lt. automatic all stock.

Thanks.