Thread: GLHS 0235 Tear down/clean up

Mitsu booster

GLHS 0235 Tear down/clean up

Well, don't know if this is really considered a build up, but is still a project.

I have owned this beauty since 2000. She had 46,000 easy miles when I bought it from the 3rd owner in Dallas. With a little tlc, it was featured in Hemmings. http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/...feature13.html

it was that article that allowed the original owner to contact me to provide some history on the car and some GLHS-specific goodies he was preserving. Thanks Wally!

That was 2005. Since then, life happened and she sat in a garage for way too long. I was able to revive her enough to drive it to its new garage, where it will undergo a thorough cleaning and inspection. After which, will probably go up for sale for someone else to carry the torch!

So here is the progress so far...

Cyl head, vac & wire harness, radiator, engine accessories all removed. Waiting on hoist to remove block & tranny. Hoping I can wipe down the engine bay to get it shiney. Otherwise I'll have to go at it with a rattle can of gloss black.

Mitsu booster

Re: GLHS 0235 Tear down/clean up

Turbo hot side sent to swaintech. Standard fare Garrett turbo II. Had a dynamic seal instead of the carbon seal listed on g-pop shops site. .48 exhaust and .42 compressor markings. "M3" higher nickel content markings on exh housing and sv. New thrust bearing design with added oil feed hole apparently.

Mitsu booster

Swaintech'd and vht hi temp paint on center section.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Nice car. Lot of work just to sell it after. Cool that it was in Hemmings. Good luck.