Good afternoon,

I have an 87 GLHS that was last driven on the road in 2006. It ran while being in storage until 2 years ago. I now have some time to try to revive it.

The car will start and run for about a second, after which, it dies. If you press the accelerator down it will rev to about 3k rpms and die abruptly. I pulled the codes and got a 26 and 53. The car has a Relentless Logic Module, so I believe that accounts for the 53. I researched the 26 and know it is an issue with injectors 1 & 2. I checked the ground on the firewall and the ground on the fuel rail. Both appear to be tight. I checked the connections at the injector harness and the power module. Both appear to be without issue. I inspected the injector harness and it looked to be in good condition. I swapped the power module out for another I have on hand. Nothing helped.

Car had about 1/4 tank of non ethanol fuel in the tank, I put another 5 1/2 gallons of fresh 93 octane. This did nothing for the issue. The car idles fine for the second it runs. It quickly goes to 1,000 rpms and stays there solidly until it dies. No miss is detected. Fuel pump is a brand new Walbro replaced before it was parked, you can smell the fuel after attempting to start a few times. I am stumped. The car seems like it wants to run, but it shuts off abruptly like I turned the key off. It is strange.

Any help is super appreciated!