Thread: The old Spirit RT is still the "Beast" of the road

Garrett booster

The old Spirit RT is still the "Beast" of the road

I was driving my Spirit rt completely loaded down with my family the other day on a four lane road when I decided to go around a car slightly fast. Evidently I got the attention of a Brand new Mustang 5.0. I saw it coming fast up to me wanting to play. My car was completely loaded down with 5 people in the car. I didn't care and decided to play. We decided to slow down to 50 or so. I was in 3rd gear but the rpms were fairly low at that point. The mustang took off first as he didn't blow the horn or anything so I started a second behind him or so. He was maybe a car ahead for a few seconds until my boost came in. I was boosting about 25 or so with a gt30 turbo and supported mods. by 70-75 or so I had caught him and was over a car ahead by 90 where I let off. After all I had my whole family in the car. The mustang driver was a young guy with what appeared to be his girlfriend. We slowed down and he looked at me in shock. It was priceless with the old TD putting his new machine down. He was obviously embarrassed. He tried to go again despite that we were quickly approaching town and a 35 zone. I let him go and just laughed. Fun Fun times. Even my wife was impressed with the old beast.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Re: The old Spirit RT is still the "Beast" of the road

So you were driving on a road in Mexico when this hypothetical street contest happened eh? One of the boards I check in at (Ecoboost performance) the guys all think that some Govt agency is gonna come after them unless they start their story with 'I was driving on an open road in Mexico...'

You know it's funny Doc, as frustrating as the old school turbo cars are with their leaks and rattles, there is still an enormous amount of joy when you school a modern performance car and especially the look on the guys face after really is priceless. Woody was running pretty good a couple weeks ago when I put three lengths on a new STI-on a road in Mexico

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Mexico has the best roads in the world for street racing...

Garrett booster

Yea Mexico lol. I use to have a E55 amg mercedes with smaller pulley and a tune. Super fast but the rt is more fun to me even though no comparison to the build quality.

Hybrid booster

Once I pick up my newly purchased Spirit R/T I'm going down to Mexico and raise a Lil hell! Lol

Garrett booster

Alan, at least it wasn't in Maryland LOL.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tazaroo View Post
    Alan, at least it wasn't in Maryland LOL.
    Yeah, you narrowly avoided one arrest there already

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Hybrid booster

http://www.streetfire.net/video/warm...nake_62885.htm
    http://www.streetfire.net/video/dodg...0psi_54595.htm
    rattlesnake_62885.htm"]http://http://www.streetfire.net/video/warming-up-rattlesnake_62885.htm[/URL]
    I miss my Spirit!!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlesnake View Post
    http://www.streetfire.net/video/warm...nake_62885.htm
    http://www.streetfire.net/video/dodg...0psi_54595.htm
    rattlesnake_62885.htm"]http://http://www.streetfire.net/video/warming-up-rattlesnake_62885.htm[/URL]
    I miss my Spirit!!
    LMAO at the comments on the spoiler If they only knew....

All this is convincing me to put this beater RT I picked up on the road instead of cannibalizing it
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    All this is convincing me to put this beater RT I picked up on the road instead of cannibalizing it
    DO IT!!! Nothing is cooler then a fast beater, especially an obscure 4 door that hardly anyone can identify! Lols

Hybrid booster

Dude! I embarrassed this guy in a Buick Grand National so bad that he thought there was something wrong with his engine!!

Hybrid booster

I'll never forget the look on a guys face when he tried to beat me to a merge in his V8 Titan. Complete shock at the next light when the lanes re-split. In a land of aggressive drivers there's nothing better than having HP no one sees coming...

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wastelands Warrior View Post
    DO IT!!! Nothing is cooler then a fast beater, especially an obscure 4 door that hardly anyone can identify! Lols
    Lol, they have a hard enough time identifying my Lebaron and how fast it is on a basically stock 2.5 TII. The RT would totally blow their mind lol.

RT has a 2.5 TIII setup in it btw It just been gutted, doors cut out and has some rust issues. Nothing that would really stop me from dailying it though My first plan was to swap the 2.5 TIII into the Lebaron, but I just hate to junk a real RT, even if it is a bit rough.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Hybrid booster

I would daily drive a rough r/t and have a blast!

Hybrid booster

Lol, they have a hard enough time identifying my Lebaron and how fast it is on a basically stock 2.5 TII. The RT would totally blow their mind lol.

RT has a 2.5 TIII setup in it btw It just been gutted, doors cut out and has some rust issues. Nothing that would really stop me from dailying it though My first plan was to swap the 2.5 TIII into the Lebaron, but I just hate to junk a real RT, even if it is a bit rough.
    Nah man...u need to sell that hooptie to me...lol Hell, get u some Rustoleum, do what needs to be done and go beat on the wannabe fast cars out there!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RattFink View Post
    I would daily drive a rough r/t and have a blast!
    Oh, hell yeah!!!!!

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

I am on a fairly serious R/T hoard here. I want a rolling chassis or something like that but I want a clean one otherwise my bucket is good enough.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56