Thread: Shelby Dakota

Garrett booster

Shelby Dakota SOLD

Date: 11th April 2015
    Username: Dan15
    Full Name: Daniel Lindsey
    City, State, Zip: Herriman, UT 84096
    Selling or Wanted Price: SOLD

Description: First off I understand this is not a turbo mopar... but according to the rules, this is the N/A version of a Turbo Mopar. I have pics to prove a twin turbo'd 360 Shelby Dakota was made!

I will try to put in as much information as I can. I'm sure I will miss something so just ask and I'll answer!

1989 Shelby Dakota #1014

Asking price is SOLD based off of trucks I've seen sold in the past. Hard to put an exact value on these as they're not as common as other vehicles sold on here. So if you're really interested but it's a bit above your price range send me an email and we'll talk. I would also possibly be interested in partial trade for go fast goodies for my 89 CSX. So let me know what you have. Thanks.

Odometer shows 69,049 but unfortunately the original owner rolled it back and it wasn't until several years after purchasing it that we made the discovery. So actual miles is unknown, but I'd give it a rough estimate of around 120,000.

All Shelby Parts will be included. This includes the original bench seat with the Shelby fabric (currently not installed). We removed it to protect it as it is a very hard and expensive fabric to come by.

Body is completely rust free! Only rust to be found is surface rust on the frame, rear axle, leaf springs, etc. May be hard to believe for all you east coast members but this vehicle has spent it's whole life in Fresno, CA and Utah. Both extremely dry! Detailed pics of under body can be taken and posted if desired but I figured I already have enough pics on this post.

Truck was painted 5 years ago but unfortunately has some of the clear coat peeling. Detailed pics below. The windshield cowl was recently painted as it was severely peeling. The paint supply shop mixed me up some purplish version of Exotic Red and so it is slightly off color. Picture below as well. The tailgate has some severe wear where the back window from a shell would rest and bounce around. Overall, the vehicle could use the top strip of the tail gate repainted and then a fresh coat of clear coat on the hood and front fenders. The light bar was taken off of another Dakota and so the paint doesn't match perfectly. But this light bar was much sturdier than the original so we replaced it. Rear bumper could use another coat of paint. Luckily this is an easy piece to mask off and rattle can with some SEM trim black and it'll look as good as new.

The windshield could use some weather stripping. When it was replaced the glass guy said they didn't have any that fit?

Interior is in good not great condition. The dash is cracked beyond saving, the dash mat does a good job of matching the rest of the truck and looks decent. Better than a shattered dash though.

Mechanically the vehicle drives really well. The water pump leaks on and off but not a ton. I have the water pump as well as a new timing chain that will be done when I have time. If it sells before I get around to it then the parts will be included with the truck.

All 4 tires have low miles on them and have a lot of life left.

Any other questions or pictures wanted just let me know. Email me at csxt907@gmail.com

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]