Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: sooooooo the bmf intake

turbo addict

Re: sooooooo the bmf intake

I didn't mean to throw out the "test it yourself" insinuation, sometimes my thoughts flow a little to easily to my fingertips. I do however believe that leaving hardcore testing and increased prices out of the BMF intake was a wise choice and one of the reasons I bought one. Horsepower is part art and part science, If you just put together known good parts there isn't much science to it.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

I never put words in your mouth, I just pointed out you expect poeple to buy your product and test it for you, but after 30 of these, there is still no testing. That someone would be willing to do the testing for you for what I would consider a fair price for what you will be getting in return seems fair. I do not get that someone who is willing to do the testing in exchange for an intake is "entitled" afterall he is offering his time and dyno money worth of testing in exchange for your intake. If others were posting up B2B results, I would understand not wanting to do this because it would be a mute point, but after 6+ months of selling with no data, I would think even you would be curious of the benefits your BMF provides, and seeing how it is called the BMF, it implies that it is the most awesome intake to date, so having data is a good thing. First you threw out the camshafts, which I said we did infact give some away free to be tested, then you throw out the ported 2 piece. I didn;t invent the ported 2 piece, and the the price is $190 for port work, and ($200 to buy a 2 piece core if you don't have one) which is $390, not $450 for the record.... but if we could go back 15 years, I'm sure we could find data to support the fact that a ported 2 piece is better than an unported 2 piece. No one is putting you down, insulting you, or dragging the BMF through the mud, just trying to understand a reasonable explanation to your resistance to what seems like a good idea? Is it about the money? Then have one of the people that already bought one, send it to crusty for testing and when he is done, he can send it back?
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by glhs727 View Post
    I never put words in your mouth, I just pointed out you expect poeple to buy your product and test it for you,
    Thats misrepresenting my stance on this. I dont "expect" anyone to do anything. Its just a natural course of events that will unfold and provide the best result, in my opinion. I asked people if they thought I should do more testing. The overwhelming response was that I should just let the people who bought it provide the results.

Read here:

Should I be doing more BMF intake testing?

but after 30 of these, there is still no testing. That someone would be willing to do the testing for you for what I would consider a fair price for what you will be getting in return seems fair. I do not get that someone who is willing to do the testing in exchange for an intake is "entitled" afterall he is offering his time and dyno money worth of testing in exchange for your intake. If others were posting up B2B results, I would understand not wanting to do this because it would be a mute point, but after 6+ months of selling with no data, I would think even you would be curious of the benefits your BMF provides, and seeing how it is called the BMF, it implies that it is the most aweesome intake to date, so having data is a good thing. First you threw out the camshafts, which I said we did infact give some away free to be tested, then you throw out the ported 2 piece. I didn;t invent the ported 2 piece, and the the price is $190 for port work, and ($200 to buy a 2 piece core if you don't have one) which is $390, not $450 for the record.... but if we could go back 15 years, I'm sure we could find dtata to support the fact that a ported 2 piece is better than an unported 2 piece. No one is putting you down, insulting you, or dragging the BMF through the mud, just trying to understand a reasonable explanation to your resistance to what seems like a good idea? Is it about the money? Then have one of the people that already bought one, send it to crusty for testing and when he is done, he can send it back?
    I gave you a reasonable explanation. Apparently you dont think I should be able to decide who I work with or who I don't work with. Okay. Agree to disagree.

I was using the 2 piece intake and camshafts as an example to you about what the same offer would look like from your perspective, i.e. unattractive. But I guess it didn't work.

BMF customers are free to do whatever they want with their intake, whether thats to send it to crusty, use it for a barbecue, etc.. I dont like telling people what they should or should not do (HINT HINT)

turbo addict

If theres still not test data by the end of summer, when almost everyone apparently goes into hibernation, I'll probably do something about it. Probably not a FREE BMF, because they are just too resource consuming to ever have an extra one on hand that isn't supposed to be shipping somewhere immediately. I dont even have a BMF for myself. Not even the prototype! Thats gone too!

On the other hand..if there still isn't anyone who has RUN the BMF in their car by the end of summer...makes me wonder why anyone even cares lol....all it ever does it sit on a shelf.

That said, if someone fits this profile, they are probably a good person to convince to test the BMF:

-has a BMF (or knows someone who will lend one to them)
    -has ported 2 piece intake of known quality (i.e. not some random port job nobody knows about)
    -has a race engine that is BMF-appropriate (400hp+ at 5000rpm+ apparently)
    -has a race car that engine is in
    -can swap the intakes
    -has access to a dyno and/or drag strip

How they will be convinced is another story. So raise your hand if you have not bought a BMF, and you want to see data to help you decide:

1. glhs875
    2. glhs727
    3. Mr. Overkill
    4. cdavis
    5. black86glhs
    6. acannell (mine will be free though HA)

If you want BMF data but arent thinking of buying one, then please say so so I can take you off the list.

Or if you just want to be off the list for whatever reason just say so.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by acannell View Post
    Tells someone to relax, then insults them.
    It was a simple Ego test my friend.................... (I needed to know who or, What, I was dealing with "in the moment")

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

turbo addict

Someone need a Snicker's bar

Hybrid booster

If theres still not test data by the end of summer, when almost everyone apparently goes into hibernation, I'll probably do something about it. Probably not a FREE BMF, because they are just too resource consuming to ever have an extra one on hand that isn't supposed to be shipping somewhere immediately. I dont even have a BMF for myself. Not even the prototype! Thats gone too!
    I guess you don't realize that doing a dozen or so pulls with tearing the engine down between each run is far more resource intensive than producing one manifold.

if someone fits this profile, they are probably a good person to convince to test the BMF:

-has ported 2 piece intake of known quality (i.e. not some random port job nobody knows about)
    -can swap the intakes
    that someone was me.

How they will be convinced is another story.
    if you want to get something then you have to give something. that's part of the cost of doing business. Cindy posted earlier that she had done exactly this with some of FWD's cams among other things. don't bother bringing up having someone send me a ported 2 piece for free to test- I already have one on the way bought and paid for several months ago.

can I offer a piece of really good personal advice? take a step back and relax. you're getting to the point now where you're lashing out at anyone and everyone including a friend of yours - Shadow. He was telling you to chill out because he doesn't want to see you turn into another Chris, and you're starting to sound exactly like him. The main reason I wont do business with TU is not because I don't like their products, its because Chris gives off the vibe that he feels he is better than everyone else and acts like a total jerk about it. You are going down that exact same path, none of us including myself want to deal with Chris 2.0- one is enough.

seriously man, take a step back and chill- you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Hybrid booster

I don't need hard data to make a choice on this I was just feeling it out to see if anyone has done it yet

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

On the other hand..if there still isn't anyone who has RUN the BMF in their car by the end of summer...makes me wonder why anyone even cares lol....all it ever does it sit on a shelf.

That said, if someone fits this profile, they are probably a good person to convince to test the BMF:

-can swap the intakes

How they will be convinced is another story. So raise your hand if you have not bought a BMF, and you want to see data to help you decide:

1. glhs875
    2. glhs727
    3. Mr. Overkill
    4. cdavis
    5. black86glhs
    6. acannell (mine will be free though HA)

If you want BMF data but arent thinking of buying one, then please say so so I can take you off the list.

Or if you just want to be off the list for whatever reason just say so.
    I am so far from needing it on my build Asa. I'll be happy if I break the 300hp mark this year. I think I should, but.....
    I did not mean to sound like I was bashing your products, quite the contrary. I like the stuff, but also believe that people have the right to ask questions, as long as they aren't trashing you or your product. I understand your proud of your work and abilities, but don't get offended so easily.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by crusty shadow View Post
    I guess you don't realize that doing a dozen or so pulls with tearing the engine down between each run is far more resource intensive than producing one manifold.

that someone was me.

if you want to get something then you have to give something. that's part of the cost of doing business. Cindy posted earlier that she had done exactly this with some of FWD's cams among other things. don't bother bringing up having someone send me a ported 2 piece for free to test- I already have one on the way bought and paid for several months ago.

can I offer a piece of really good personal advice? take a step back and relax. you're getting to the point now where you're lashing out at anyone and everyone including a friend of yours - Shadow. He was telling you to chill out because he doesn't want to see you turn into another Chris, and you're starting to sound exactly like him. The main reason I wont do business with TU is not because I don't like their products, its because Chris gives off the vibe that he feels he is better than everyone else and acts like a total jerk about it. You are going down that exact same path, none of us including myself want to deal with Chris 2.0- one is enough.

seriously man, take a step back and chill- you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
    Why are you offering me advice when I already told you I don't trust you? Why are you still trying to get me to do something I told you I don't want to do? Why are you telling me how to interact with other people, which has absolutely nothing to do with you and is none of your business?

Because, narcissists don't recognize the feelings and autonomy of others

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Mr overkill View Post
    I don't need hard data to make a choice on this I was just feeling it out to see if anyone has done it yet
    At the moment I am aware of three builds w/ BMF intakes coming up in the near future:

tryingbe, few weeks (!!!)
    moparzrule, June
    Turbulence, June (heavily modified BMF though)

And possibly others..not everyone pays attention to my requests for updates. I think Pope had a Las Vegas 1 mile all-out thing going on in August planned, probably with a running race car some amount of time before that. Maybe WAY before that.

boostaholic

The fact that they are selling as fast as he can build them speaks louder than all the drama in this thread..
    MinivanRider

Hybrid booster

Why are you offering me advice when I already told you I don't trust you? Why are you still trying to get me to do something I told you I don't want to do? Why are you telling me how to interact with other people, which has absolutely nothing to do with you and is none of your business?

Because, narcissists don't recognize the feelings and autonomy of others
    where you getting all of this? when I said I was no longer interested I meant it.

Take a step back and look at how you reacted to my questions and offers- when someone starts lashing out at another person(s) over being asked legitimate questions and offers a potential solution to find the answers to those questions there is a serious problem there. That's the kind of behavior that makes someone look untrustworthy.

I absolutely will tell you how you should interact with people because you chose to go off on me, so it definitely has to do with me and 100% is my business.

I am not a narcissist- I am an introvert just like you. I learned the hard way a long time ago you have to ditch the aloof mentality when dealing with other people- it always rubs them the wrong way and will make you look like less than a saint in their eyes.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by crusty shadow View Post
    where you getting all of this? when I said I was no longer interested I meant it.

Take a step back and look at how you reacted to my questions and offers- when someone starts lashing out at another person(s) over being asked legitimate questions and offers a potential solution to find the answers to those questions there is a serious problem there. That's the kind of behavior that makes someone look untrustworthy.

I absolutely will tell you how you should interact with people because you chose to go off on me, so it definitely has to do with me and 100% is my business.

I am not a narcissist- I am an introvert just like you. I learned the hard way a long time ago you have to ditch the aloof mentality when dealing with other people- it always rubs them the wrong way and will make you look like less than a saint in their eyes.
    Its 100% your business how I interact with other people? No, its not.

Please don't try to tell me you know what kind of person I am or this or that. I've noticed other people on here doing that too, trying to act like they have deep insight into other people, when that couldn't be further from the truth. Its really creepy.

Hybrid booster

Mine's not the modified one, that one is going into a Daytona. Mine is going in my 85 Town and Country. The manifold will be left as it was built. I'll go into more detail about the build soon.

Martin

At the moment I am aware of three builds w/ BMF intakes coming up in the near future:

tryingbe, few weeks (!!!)
    moparzrule, June
    Turbulence, June (heavily modified BMF though)

And possibly others..not everyone pays attention to my requests for updates. I think Pope had a Las Vegas 1 mile all-out thing going on in August planned, probably with a running race car some amount of time before that. Maybe WAY before that.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

I've noticed other people on here doing that too, trying to act like they have deep insight into other people, when that couldn't be further from the truth. Its really creepy.
    What's Creepy is that the Ego can so easily Blind you from the Truth and convince you that it can "hide in plain sight" and that No one has the ability to See it or Know when it is there.

This is mostly due to very few taking a good enough look at themselves to recognize it, and thus, recognize when it is in play.

It's as simple as this;

Someone you have trusted, that has never done anything but be a Benefit to you, in the entire time you have known/ dealt with them, attempts to only Help you by pointing out what you Don't want to hear about yourself (EGO) and all you see in the Offence in what they have said, instead of the Help they were offering...........All EGO!

Most can never get past this because they feel like they have to "give up" in order to accept the truth about themselves. (makes them feel Weaker, again, Ego playing with you)

Doesn't mean you're a Bad person, Doesn't mean you are incapable of doing good work or being somewhat straight forward. What it does mean though, is that you are a Wild card.

Definition of a Wild card; When the $hit hits the fan, you never know what their Ego will "Make" them do. So when everything is going Good and You're getting what You want out of the relationship, things appear normal and trustworthy.

Soon as anything changes, (and this could be Anything that Spikes the Emotions, sending the EGO into action) all of a sudden you're dealing with someone you no longer know, who is doing things you would have believed them "Incapable of" only hours before.................

Good luck my Friend, I will always hope the Best for you and that you can see through to the Truth in all things..................

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Hybrid booster

So anyways, I'd offer up to test the BMF with dyno testing and all. I'm becoming pretty good friends with a guy who owns like the only performance shop in town, since a friend and I have been hosting car meets and events at his shop(he gets free publicity, and we get a place to have car meets; win/win). The Omni is making somewhere near 350whp on 24psi. It has a PORTED 2 PIECE intake on it with a ported exhaust manifold with an s57 T3/T4 hybrid, along with the FWD-F4 cam. I was going to buy the BMF outright (Asa check your inbox) when I returned from deployment earlier this year, but got sidetracked by other matters with my wifes health issues.

I'd gladly do back to back testing on a dyno, with varying boost pressures (say from 12psi, 16psi, 20psi, and 24psi) with both the 2-piece and then the BMFi, making sure only to adjust the AFR's at each test to where they are equal.

BUUUUTTTT, I got tasked to go fight for 'Murica again in a month! Darn you Uncle Sam!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedDrummer View Post
    So anyways, I'd offer up to test the BMF with dyno testing and all. I'm becoming pretty good friends with a guy who owns like the only performance shop in town, since a friend and I have been hosting car meets and events at his shop(he gets free publicity, and we get a place to have car meets; win/win). The Omni is making somewhere near 350whp on 24psi. It has a PORTED 2 PIECE intake on it with a ported exhaust manifold with an s57 T3/T4 hybrid, along with the FWD-F4 cam. I was going to buy the BMF outright (Asa check your inbox) when I returned from deployment earlier this year, but got sidetracked by other matters with my wifes health issues.

I'd gladly do back to back testing on a dyno, with varying boost pressures (say from 12psi, 16psi, 20psi, and 24psi) with both the 2-piece and then the BMFi, making sure only to adjust the AFR's at each test to where they are equal.

BUUUUTTTT, I got tasked to go fight for 'Murica again in a month! Darn you Uncle Sam!
    Thanks for your service! I was in the US ARMY for 4 years.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by glhs875 View Post
    Thanks for your service! I was in the US ARMY for 4 years.
    Nice! Thanks for yours! Currently going on my 5th year, USAF. 15 more to go!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Wow, this went from bad to worse.

When i said butthurt before data i was not actually recommending that as a course of action.

What i was doing was poking fun at the fact that even if you spend countless hours and dollars accumulating knowledge, tools, connections, and access such that you could SO EASILY do thorough back to back dyno testing of various intake manifolds with accompanying tune adjustments on a setup that could actually make use of the bmf's higher-rpm design focus, you will STILL be prevented from gathering this useful data, not by the petty few hundreds of dollars and hours of effort that pales in comparison to the investment of time and money to even GET to a position to be able to effectively test the part, but by social frustrations, i.e. butthurt.

Butthurt before data. It was supposed to be embarassing to the people who were butthurt, but somehow this thread picked it up and ran with it and now we have whole new pages of butthurt and still no data.

This whole thing is like if someone started a kickstarter saying "If i raise $500,000 i can cure cancer!" and the campaign ending up at $499,400 and the campaign starter saying "well, too bad, i may have a lot but i dont have exactly what i wanted so none of you get anything!".

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast