Thread: 1993 Plymouth Voyager 2.5/5-speed - needs work - $750/obo

Threaded View

Garrett booster

1993 Plymouth Voyager 2.5/5-speed - needs work - $750/obo

Date: 08th April 2015
    Username: INVUJerry
    Full Name: Jerry L Johnson
    City, State, Zip: Van is located in Forest Hill, MD
    Contact: NYVJerry@gmail.com 410-491-9646 I'm available sporatically throughout the day, and after 4:30PM EST. If you shoot me a text or leave a message I'll call back as available
    Selling or Wanted Price: $750 OBO I'd take some money off for a set of crab wheels or pizza wheels with decent tires.

Description: Selling my 1993 Voyager 2.5/5-speed.

The Good: I recently did an 11" brake upgrade on the front, and when I went to do the back brakes I ended up having to replace all the hard lines from the prop valve back. I used poly-armour brake lines to do it, so I wouldn't have to flare anything, it worked out pretty well. The van also has a class-3 hitch since I used it to tow a handful of times. It also has a set of 7-spoke neon wheels with 215/60/15 tires, the tires are starting to show some wear, they have tread though. Currently has an SRT-4 shifter mounted on the stock shifter base to bring it closer to the driver, along with booger bushings to get rid of the slop in the throw. Also has a "custom" exhaust with a cat delete, stock 2" up to a 2.5" core magnaflow then back to 2" out the back.

The Bad: The van currently more than likely has a cracked head, but at the very minimum has a very bad head gasket. When it first starts up it sputters and spits like one of the lifters isn't pumping up right away, and it idles pretty high. I think the front main seal is leaking some too, but there is a slight oil leak. The left rear wheel cylinder went bad after I replaced it. I have crimped the soft line with a set of vice grips so I could finish driving to where I was going, and never got around to fixing it so I stopped driving it. The passenger front door had a deer run into it. I bought a replacement door from the junkyard but never got around to swapping it out. Van also has random dents on the side from being in the city for a while. Also, there is a rust hole in the rocker in front of the driver's rear tire.

My wife was going to let me keep this but I just bought another project car and it's gotta go, insurance is going to go up since I have to keep them tagged and insured.

Here's a few photos during it's project life.

Last edited by INVUJerry; 04-08-2015 at 06:46 AM.