Hi,

So I want the baddest toughest meanest AWD T&C on the planet I wanted to call it a "SuperDuty" but that's blue oval So "HD" it is I guess. But using superduty moniker implies mid 8000s GVWR... so kinda using that as a guide, i.e. get stuff that would cope with mid 8000lb loads, although I'll likely never push it up there, I just want long term durability at "stock" maximums with emergency overload provision.

Still got a lot of maintenance to confirm, things to check, minor repairs. But building a "wish list"

Susp, wheels, tires etc...

Like the idea of these...
http://www.truckcomponentsonline.com...515_p_639.html

Then could get Jeep wheels, use a 108 LR tire 235/70/15 or something.

Front, I dunno, maybe some coil spring assisters. Not wanting to jack this up much, just maintain some clearance under load. Compares favorably with Forester, Suburbans, Trailblazer EXT, Compass, at the moment, so don't look at me like that.

"Appearance" Exterior accessories...

Brush bar... http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRYSLER-VOY...-/221177194602
Not really sold on that yet, but it's one of the only ones around. I would like to use "soft roads" which often get a couple of feet of brush spring up quick between the wheel tracks when seldom used, even if gravel surfaced. Might also consider steps/running boards/rails. Not sure how bad that would spoil aerodynamics. Would be good if I can have a detachable winch to go on that, or a hitch attachment.

Engine, performance, economy...

Well, I noticed how the 3.5 in the same vehicles was getting MUCH better fuel economy, which is relatively unusual for the 4 VPC version of a motor compared to 2 valve. it's something like 20% on highway. IMO that means breathing on the 3.8 really sucks... yup, look at those valves, buried in a bathtub... will have to look at porting heads... probably similar to 287 head and some BBCs.

Also I note, the low flow, vacuum, low RPM fuel intake characteristics have to be pretty abysmal, like it's designed to make carbon with half of what is dribbled in there.... so, trying to find out "how bad" the injector design is... having trouble with ANY specs for them at the moment... However been reading how much Jeep guys like Neon injectors for fine spray pattern.. so that's a possible go to.

It's a guzzler when cold and I'm doing short trips a lot. I've seen the Jeep guys MAP mods, change AFR in open loop, I'm thinking of doing a switching one... open loop low RPM leaned out... then WOT high RPM richened to 12:1 ish.... thinking I might want top end get out of trouble power heavily loaded, so take it rich best power for no ping and good grunt.

Brakes....

not really come up with much ideas yet, apart from get good stock parts. Got a fresh set of pads all round ready for when needed, was a local liquidation store with some for 1/3rd price...

Trans....

Yah, it's a 4spd, keeping an eye on those threads.. BIG cooler planned.

So, anyone doing much 3.8 modding? see very little discussion. I am on the "performance is efficiency" kick for this... (Until you screw with cam, fuel etc)

RW222