Thread: Diablo Sport Predator - LOG PIC - Help me read PSI please

Garrett booster

Exclamation Diablo Sport Predator - LOG PIC - Help me read PSI please

I read that I take the AVG MAP and multiply by .1450377 to get psi. Is this true? That would mean I am running 31.7PSI!? Do I need to take the MAP then - BARO and then convert?

----------------------------------------------------------

Here is a log from a 2nd gear pull. I cannot find my power cord anywhere so I took screenshots at redline.

Backstory: I just swapped to 30/30 autometer and want to know if I hooked it up right or if there is a leak. On the stock 20psi SRT autometer the needle went between the screws (Bottom Dead Center) and pulled hard with 12.5afr and WOT fuel trims adjusted. I was assuming this would be about 26psi, but I know it's impossible to read past 20 on that gauge.

Now I get about a 20-21psi spike then hold to 18psi or so on the 30/30 autometer with the same e85 tune etc. It pulls extremely hard and I wanted to see if the car was seeing 21psi as well or more than that, which means I need to re-connect the new 30/30 again.

Elevation: 5,200' in Colorado, ambient air 92*F

~
    Question: What is the car reading for true PSI? I am not sure how to do the math, but I know it's something to do with Baro - or + MAP?

***e85 Duster360 Tune *modified + 1025cc Injectors + e1 Turbo + 3in TBE + 255Walbro + etc.***

Garrett booster

Re: Diablo Sport Predator - LOG PIC - Help me read PSI please

If I take the "AVG MAP TO USE: 218.60"

Then - 84.40 BARO before I convert, I get out 19.46PSI, which is what the gauge reads.

----------------------------------------------

If I take the TOT_PORT_MAP: 256.91 - 84.40 BARO. I get out 25.02PSI

----------------------------------------------

If I simply take the AVG MAP TO USE 218.60 and convert it, I get 31.7PSI! Or, if it's the TOT_PORT_MAP, I get 37.26PSI.

Which conversion is it????????????

Garrett booster

Re: Diablo Sport Predator - LOG PIC - Help me read PSI please

It looks like the first amount: "AVG MAP TO USE: 218.6 - BARO 84.40 = 19.46PSI is what I get.

Is this still true with stock 2.0BAR MAP SENSORS? Should I finally get the 3.0's and where do they go?

Also, since moving to CO from NY, I get astounding 38mpg hwy mileage, I don;t want to loose this. Could the stock MAP sensors be tricking the car into getting some crazy mileage from the pressure oxygen ratio? Cruise, idle, WOT afr's are all fine...