Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FWDperformance STAGE II LM 14psi only hitting 10psi, help?

Mitsu booster

Re: FWDperformance STAGE II LM 14psi only hitting 10psi, help?

I'm down my friend we can cruise i have a few buddy's running srt's pt cruisers stock appearing neons with 2.4 swaps etc fun stuff turbo and old mopars

Garrett booster

Sweet, i'll bring both. The LeBaron needs the timing set. I need to watch some videos on how to do that then borrow a friends light gun.

Mitsu booster

It's real easy man so my car was not real consistent with the cpu boost control so I just bagged it installed a MBC set it 13.5 lbs and called it good. The Lm tables work but its temperamental but add some 100 octane and 14psi with the LM the car comes alive into beast mode went from pulling 90 mph in fourth to 98 before shifting shits dope

Garrett booster

An update for everyone that's been helping me:

O2 Sensor replaced after breaking 3 wrenches and a can of PB, idle and cruise AFR better. -- Then noticed WOT AFR went from 10.5 rich to 14.8 lean, I then checked cam timing -- GOOD, I think checked ignition timing -- BAD at 8*. I set to 14* and WOT, went very well. Better response and pull, doing this at 8,000ft so psi only hit 10 again, which I think is going to be normal. AFR's still not right, from 14.0-11.8.

Going to check the FPR and rail pressure, don't have a gauge tester to do so, and will have to wait yet again. Can someone link me to a nice HOW-TO on an 85 model or the like and what numbers I want and where?

I also found the hissing metalic noise, it's the metal ball in the PCV valve rattling like crazy. I'll replace that asap.

turbo addict

The O2 should not affect WOT a/f's as the ECU ignores O2 feedback at WOT and pumps in a pre-programmed amount of fuel. So unless you increase airflow at WOT the a/fs shouldn't change. Though maybe the correct timing or closer to correct timing is affecting them.

I'd set timing at 12 (stock) and see if things change.

There should be a schrader valve on the fuel rail to check pressure with a pressure gauge. You want 55psi with the vac line disconnected. 42ish with it connected and a 1:1 rise with boost. So 10psi should have 65psi at the rail.

Garrett booster

Down at 5,000ft right now. Going to double check timing again. Like I said I set the light to 0 and got 14 on trans, but then when I set the light to 14, I got 3 on trans... I would think I should have seen 0 to double confirm the setting, so I went with 0 on light 14 on trans, feels great right now. I still can't get to a steady 14psi with the LM, it wiggles around 10-13 in 2nd gear only, then seems limited to 10 in 1st and 3rd.

I will install a GV and set to 14 manually and then see what it hits through the gears?.. My afr's are now hitting 10.0 flat when WOT and 2nd gear 10-13psi, so I imagine that the fuel settings via the LM are correct, but not seeing enough boost.

What PCV valve does everyone recomend when replacing a broken one? The current one is a white plastic with metal ball, hissing and rattling. My guess aftermarket, and what I have read shows that they are all junk and to get a toyota one or a ford? What part # do you all suggest me to use on this T1?

p.s. what thread is this in now, I see that it is moved but not to where?> Technical, I need help?

turbo addict

it's the same thread, just moved to the Technical/I need Help sub section. So if you click on Forum next to Home at the top of the page and then go down to technical "I need help" and click there it'll be in there.

As for PCV's I look for the factory ones at j-yards that have a Pentastar molded into them. They might be available at the dealer, I don't know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123