Well, just as the title says, I am looking for help with the door latch cables on my 99 Ram extended cab rear doors.

I have seen and read that this is a common problem and today I found out why! Whoever designed that system, specifically where the cable attaches to the outer door latch. WTF were they thinking!? The cable is being forced to make a severely sharp 90* turn where it immediately terminates at the attach point! The turn radius is no more than 2". All of that bending stress is now on the termination sheath, which is also resisting a lateral motion on a plane perpendicular to the rotational axis. This causes a grinding motion, which eventually with vibration and use breaks the termination end in half rendering the inside handle useless.

New cables are fairly inexpensive (~$30-40), but getting to it and well...it just shouldn't fail, damn it! So, does anybody have any experience with this? Suggestions? Want to add to my b*tch-fest?

I would post pics, but I need to replace the lens on my phone's camera because I shattered it.