Thread: Question about MPtune MPscan

Hybrid booster

Question about MPtune MPscan

I was wondering if any of the available software for our cars is capable of doing scan tool like functions, more specifically are any of them capable of accessing the actuator test modes like the monitor 4000 or other similar scan tools? I haven't really played with the software available for our cars so I don't know if its possible or not.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: Question about MPtune MPscan

The DRB tests are in MP scan. I thin kit hasn't been thoroughly tested or developed. So, use at your own risk...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hybrid booster

Re: Question about MPtune MPscan

The reason I ask is last week we were doing a major clean up at school before spring break, and I found some old vhs tapes in a cabinet.

The first tape was "Chrysler SMEC operation and diagnosis" and had step by step diagnostic procedures for SMEC cars

Second tape was "Chrysler fuel injection operation and diagnosis" which covered logic module cars

Third tape was "Chrysler O2 feedback systems"

I watched the first two, there was a lot of very helpful info about how to quickly and properly diagnose running issues with these cars - all of it in a very clear easy to understand language that anyone can follow to figure out what is wrong with their car.

There was also a lot of info on how to use test modes to check for proper system operation using a traditional scan tool.
    Not everyone has access to a scan tool, but most people can easily acquire a usb-ttl adapter and use with the appropriate software to gain access to these ATMs .

My instructor is going to let me transcribe the tapes to a digital format so I can upload them to YouTube. This would be a huge asset for us to have when we get posts from members about running issues\no-start conditions. Instead of trying to go over everything with educated guesses over the course of a multi-page thread we can just direct them to the videos where they can follow the correct diagnostic procedures in a video. Having access to some type of scan tool will help out even more when following then steps in the videos,