Thread: Gen 1 Daytona/Laser full part out

Gen 1 Daytona/Laser full part out

Date: 08th March 2015
    Username: Xtrempickup
    Full Name:Tom Kordosky
    City, State, Zip: GARFIELD, nj 07026
    Price: Many parts many prices pm with needs and will specify all prices

as it sits now

84 Laser turbo 5 spd manual windows, manual locks with full 86 c/s turbo z body kit. 5 lug conversion on the body. turbo 1 motor with stock 525 trans 104k mile on both. car does start and run. will be keeping a number of the parts like the hood with dc scoop, turbo z nose and both front fenders. the rest will be for sale, some shippable, motor or trans and doors, hatch etc would require pickup. car is northern nj. will sell the car complete with clean title minus the hood and scoop, will come with a black hood with stock vent for a reasonable offer if you buy it complete. car is mostly rust free, no rot holes. will need to be towed, comes on shelby lancer lace wheels as the picture is old and the crab wheels and tires were sold.
    Last edited by Xtrempickup; 03-08-2015 at 11:46 AM.

Re: Gen 1 Daytona/Laser full part out

i guess i'll be keeping a little and scrapping a lot. its sad actually as its a mostly clean car, i just have too many projects and a 85 turbo Z that id rather finish as it was already converted to t2

boostaholic

I kinda want the whole car, but I don't know if I actually need it or if my wife would kill me for dragging it home.

What's the interior like? How about the floors? What would this need to be road worthy?

What are you hoping to get for the whole car?

i havent driven it on the road in 8 years. its in the for sale section for $1k with a black stock hood. wheels are shelby lancer wheels with no center caps and about 8 yr old michelins, has no rear louver any more either. il will only keep the gray hood with DC scoop if somebody takes it whole. DC scoop and gray hood are going on my 85. i need the front license plate frame also, as i cant seem to find any for my 85. the floors are in good shape, the spare tire well i know has a hole in the very center from looking recently. the brake lines im gonna say need replacing. the floors and firewall and wheel wells are all very good. the interior is half red vinyl, it was a base turbo car and part tan leather, i put the seats in and the leather wrapped 86 steering wheel. i broke the o2 sensor off in the swingvalve a long time ago so thats the minimum it needs to run correctly. the motor is strong as is the clutch and trans. no battery in it, also the heater valve needs hooking back up because the plastic broke and i got another just never got a length of hose to cut and put back in.

guess soon as i get a few days of 50 degrees here in NJ im going to start stripping it down to cut the lower radiator support out of it and to send the shell to the yard. i have a 85 Z that needs to get finished for Carlisle. sucks nobody wants Gen 1 parts but i dont needs them laying around either

Garrett booster

Hey. Are those window channels any good on the doors? And the window scrapers? If all good, I'm interested

Garrett booster

And my god, I'm in love with that scoop.. Bad azz looking.

Window scrapers are all cracked up. Not sure what window channels you are talking about.

Garrett booster

It goes all around the door frame . When the window is rolled all the way up, it provides a tight seal to prevent water leakage etc.. it's a Felt type of channel.

That is the door glass run.

i know the channels are in there, condition i have no idea its an 84 never garaged so likely not in amazing shape

boostaholic

Sell me the scoop!

i thought the 1K price was said to you about it before the last time you asked. if you dont like the price quit asking. its already on my 85, its not even on the 84 parts car anymore, i have a perfectly good car that it fits perfectly good on with my NOS metal side louvers and factory metal rear louver.

boostaholic

Lol, didnt catch the original response. Nah I will pass for a grand but thanks. Its an awesome looking scoop though. Is it the one that bolts over the factory vents?

yes it is a factory DC over the top intercooled hood scoop, you remove the vent, or cut off the rain tray, either way, i have mine fully removed and drill some holes and mount it.

Garrett booster

If your parting the car and want to sell the shifter and all the shift linkage for the 525 transmission, I am interested.

When its out, havent started been waiting on the weather to break

rolling chassis, no front end just hood complete interior come get for free.

if you want it with running drivetrain still installed come with 300$. car is pretty clean still, has floors and frame and firewall. motor and trans had 106k miles when parked, bring your own wheels and tires. clean nj title.

Mitsu booster

hey just asking if you still have that car ? I need some interior parts . Thanks Randy