Thread: just a couple questions for the pro's

Garrett booster

just a couple questions for the pro's

Ok, im sure its on here but i just want to know forsure one way or another.-

A couple years ago i recieved a Turbonetics T3/T4 60 trim turbo when i bought a rebuilt 2.5 engine. I was looking at the turbo the other night, since its on a shelf in my bedroom closet and all, and looking at the studs on the side i figured id grab a swing valve off a old turbo and size it up.-
    Well this thing is not even close to working. Lol.-
    Im curious if this is a ford style swing valve or something else? ( was just looking at turbosunleashed and saw something about it there)

Heck just for s##t's and giggles what should one expect from this turbo?-
    And how hard is it going to be to have it on a 2.5 with a 287 head 20 thou overforged Weiseco's and +40's in an 87 Daytona Shelby Z?

I know i have a ported exhaust thats tapped for the turbo already, what else should i expect? Im thinkin i should have a 782 head on it, but the 287 has been converted to roller cam and had a 3 angle valve job done already so its there and ready to go.-

Thx in advance i look forward to hearing from some of ya-
    Chris

turbo addict

Re: just a couple questions for the pro's

if it's a T3 bolt pattern where it bolts to the manifold then it's a ford housing. Just get an ATP swingvalve, and use a ZF power steering pump with a custom down pipe.

Whatever head you go with it's going to need to be ported to use that turbo.

Garrett booster

K well thats good to know.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the 3" sv that TU sells has both bolt patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by motorhead153 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the 3" sv that TU sells has both bolt patterns.
    It is a dual bolt pattern swingvalve. Installation requires very little fabrication and it looks stock for the smog nazis.

ATP version requires fabricating custom downpipe, welding in an O2 sensor bung, changing your P/S Pump and purchasing a flex pipe. In the end more cost and more labor.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Garrett booster

No smog nazis here thank god. Lol
    guess ill be lookin at one of your units in the future. I just dropped a head off at the machinist today.