Thread: 1988 Chrysler T&C Wagon- no rear lights.

Mitsu booster

1988 Chrysler T&C Wagon- no rear lights.

Hi, first post here so thanks for having me. I recently bought a 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Town & Country and none of the REAR lights work. The headlights work and the front turn signals/running lights work but nothing out back. I've done some research and understand there is a common ground for the rear lights. I haven't had a chance to look for it yet nor have I located a service manual yet but was wondering if anybody knew where to look on the wagons. Any other ideas on what to look for would be appreciated. I know this car isn't a turbo model but I've been searching for several days and can't find a decent K-car forum with a lot of traffic. Thanks

Garrett booster

Re: 1988 Chrysler T&C Wagon- no rear lights.

on my t&c wagon the grounds are under the rear interior body panels by the lights

Mitsu booster

I now have brake, turn signal and running lights. The previous owner had mentioned he kept blowing rear lights. After removing the lenses I discovered 1/4" on passenger side and 1/2" of water on drivers side inside the lenses. It appears the factory seal between the red lens and the black mounting part had failed across the top and down the outer outside. Caulked it neatly and hope that cures the problem. I discovered a bad reverse light socket on the passenger side missing the center terminal so I don't know yet if that's the cause of both reverse lights not working or not. Still have to do more testing.

Hybrid booster

Contact Irv Bishco in Lima, Ohio for your FSM needs. Irv is the mother of all literature sellers on the planet and heavy on Mopar Stuff

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarneycars View Post
    Contact Irv Bishco in Lima, Ohio for your FSM needs. Irv is the mother of all literature sellers on the planet and heavy on Mopar Stuff
    I'm aware of Bisko Books, have bought from them before. There are some swap meets coming up with well stocked book dealers, I'll see if they have what I need. Thanks.