Re: FWDPerformance Prototype Coilovers

Ride height set

boostaholic

Awesome! Where do I sign!

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Looks like some track times are coming.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    Looks like some track times are coming.
    Hopefully soon. They wont be anything spectacular until I swap the open diff A568 out with the a413 peloquin diff cheetah mvb trans.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Yeah, i think the fastest 5spd car only did what, 10.0?

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    Yeah, i think the fastest 5spd car only did what, 10.0?
    without a diff?

I'm not sure on that one. The only 10.0 5spd car i know is Rob/Shadow. But i think with 26" slicks you will not spin them unless you are launching 'wrong'. But i can see getting away from the 5spd for consistency/durability reasons.

Hybrid booster

My 568 can burn them slicks easy, think one wheel peel

Very interesting. Of course, i was able to spin brand spanking new 23" slicks with a 150whp car too and a few people have run into the 10s on 23s.

Hybrid booster

Yeah, the height really helps wth rpm not with traction

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Put a Quaiffe or OBX in the 568 and go play.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    Put a Quaiffe or OBX in the 568 and go play.
    Going with my RP a413 with peloquin diff and cheetah mvb. With the power the car is making I don't want to have to think that much

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

I don't see a Helical Diff making much difference with a 5 speed car if you have decent traction and weight balance. Pat went deep 10's on an open diff (small budget Grass Roots Motorsports competition car). The Torsion diff makes more of a difference in the bends. It will probably help with consistency but there is a reason nobody uses them in real drag cars. They are not made for straight line drag racing. I would run them even if there was something else available because they will give you more direction in a turn than you have the guts to test out. Try a full throttle freeway entrance with a 30mph 270 degree turn with big tires in front and little ones in back. The diff that doesn't seem to work well in straights works too well in bends IMO.

One of the main arguments for having a Torsion diff in these cars would really be that everyone here expects their race cars to last forever without maintenance (otherwise they want to sell off their stuff) when everyone else in the racing world constantly tears down and rebuilds. Cool parts for our cars are feast and famine. We can't buy things that require maintenance when the guy who made it will be gone tomorrow.
    Last edited by Ondonti; 04-05-2015 at 02:29 PM.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    I don't see a Helical Diff making much difference with a 5 speed car if you have decent traction and weight balance. Pat went deep 10's on an open diff (small budget Grass Roots Motorsports competition car). The Torsion diff makes more of a difference in the bends. It will probably help with consistency but there is a reason nobody uses them in real drag cars. They are not made for straight line drag racing. I would run them even if there was something else available because they will give you more direction in a turn than you have the guts to test out. Try a full throttle freeway entrance with a 30mph 270 degree turn with big tires in front and little ones in back. The diff that doesn't seem to work well in straights works too well in bends IMO.

One of the main arguments for having a Torsion diff in these cars would really be that everyone here expects their race cars to last forever without maintenance (otherwise they want to sell off their stuff) when everyone else in the racing world constantly tears down and rebuilds. Cool parts for our cars are feast and famine. We can't buy things that require maintenance when the guy who made it will be gone tomorrow.
    Thankfully my car will only be going straight for the foreseeable future

Getting both tires in sync will definitely help me with launching and the torque steer. I couldn't use equal length shafts in my car due to where my ext wg is located. It shouldn't be too hard to get my car to stick/hook considering it only weighs 2200lbs with me in it.

My scca car has back cut gears and a quaiffe and its hella fun in the curves

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Nice Daytona. love the blue! What did you use for the top, a stock mount or camber/caster plate?

I used a stock mount when I made my struts but thinking down the road it would be nice to adjust more

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster

right now its just the stock top hat, but I am working on these camper plates

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Nice!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Im guessing someone is intending to do a production run of those camber plates? Not sure why you'd need them on a drag car.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    Im guessing someone is intending to do a production run of those camber plates? Not sure why you'd need them on a drag car.
    Why would I hog these coil overs all to myself just because I have a drag car? and yes the camber plates are already available.

Whoops i thought i was posting in your other thread. Putting pics of them in this one is kind of a dead giveaway that they're for sale. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12