Thread: Struts

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Struts

The struts on my Caliber are leaking oil pretty badly. I checked Rock Auto, and they have 3 different Mopar OE part numbers listed for each side for the fronts. What's the difference?

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Re: Struts

Quote Originally Posted by supercrackerbox View Post
    The struts on my Caliber are leaking oil pretty badly. I checked Rock Auto, and they have 3 different Mopar OE part numbers listed for each side for the fronts. What's the difference?
    It looks like Rock Auto is listing every strut available for the Caliber even though you selected the CSRT in the catalog hierarchical menu.

Here are some part numbers I found for the '08 Caliber over at wholesalemopar.com. I'm not sure if the CSRT would use the 'performance' struts or the non-desript strut part numbers x310AH,x311AH so you'll probably have to go to the dealership and cross reference or look on your struts for the part number stamped in. They list struts for "AWD" too, but they are the same part numbers as the "Sport" struts.

5105096AG - Sport R
    5105097AG - Sport L

5105170AH - Touring R
    5105171AH - Touring L

5181028AE - Performance R
    5181029AE - Performance L

5105310AH - ? R
    5105311AH - ? L

EDIT: Looks like Modern Performance sells the whole set of Mopar OEM CSRT struts for $289.99. Seems like a good deal for all four.
    Last edited by iTurbo; 02-24-2015 at 03:24 PM.

Hybrid booster

Struts
    Drivers side: 5181029AE
    Passenger side: 5181028AE
    Rear strut (same both sides): 5181030AG

Pulled from the blue Cali site thread- Common Parts List

Thanks guys. Need to do the front brakes first (NOW), but the struts will soon follow.

Hybrid booster

Thanks guys. Need to do the front brakes first (NOW), but the struts will soon follow.
    I recommend
    Centric Parts 120.63072
    http://m.autoanything.com/brakes/77A2731A2592657.aspx Hawk HPS Brake Pads - HB509F.678

Of course when I needed rotors I needed them like in 2 days because mine were so warped from 1 night of pouring rain flying down the 85mph tollroad around Austin, the car felt like it was going to rip in half when braking above 50mph and the next week I was driving 1k. So I had to pick up whatever any local auto parts store carried and got a set of rotors for $75 from advance (cause I educated the guy about my CSRT-4 he gave me a discount)

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Let me guess, front brakes pulsating? That's my issue anyway. I have a set of new plain Wagner rotors and Hawk HPS pads but haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

No, they feel fine. But the previous owner put EBC Yellow pads on it, which are rather aggressive for a street pad, and I'm willing to bet he didn't bed them properly either. But either way, they are worn down to nearly nothing, and there's a lip around the edge of the rotors easily 1/16" thick, so the rotors are gone too.

How are the Hawks for brake dust? I was looking at these in hopes they would keep my wheels cleaner: http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...toModClar=SRT4
    Those EBC pads are destroying my wheels. I'm guessing the Matrix driver who complained about all the dust in the reviews also didn't bed them properly and probably brakes way too aggressively. I put new brakes on the Daytona over 90,000 miles ago and the pads still have over half life.