My 86sc has been sitting for a long time and I have changed my mind countless times as to which direction I wanted to go but rwd it is. The setup is srt2.4 mated to the the ma5 solstice/Colorado trans with the bellhousing off a 2.4 Jeep Wrangler/ liberty. There is a thread on the neon forums and it has been done.

Some of the issues with this setup is that you need to use a jeep dual mass flywheel because of the length of the input shaft. The other issue when it comes to the clutch is that you can't use a jeep clutch or what not because the spline count of the input shaft is different. The guy used a Chevy s10 clutch but that wouldn't hold enough power for my end goal. However it did bolt up but the Dowl pins had to be removed.

another option I read about in my search was the use of a solstice clutch and have the flywheel drilled and tapped Accordingly. This seems like a decent option seeing as there are already aftermarket clutches available.

I know this is an odd build but it has been done and working before but my hp level I would like to make would leave stock clutches out of the picture. Has anyone had a custom made clutch before?

another idea I had was to use a srt4 dual disc and get a new center put in the disk with the correct amount of splines for the ma5 input shaft.

Would like some some ideas and opinions this could be interesting.