Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 410

Thread: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

  1. #261
    Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Antonio,TX
    Posts
    10,794

    Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

    Still at 28 psi? Looks like low 11s so far. Did you run into any real problems other than brakes?

    Dont push the red button.You hear me?

  2. #262
    Hybrid booster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Merrimack, NH
    Posts
    869

    Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

    Yes, 24 that slowly creeps to 27ish. No real problems other then the launch and still running very low timing.

    Last edited by turboshelbys; 08-24-2015 at 07:33 PM.

  3. #263
    Hybrid booster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Merrimack, NH
    Posts
    869

    Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

    Oh, I did almost lose my hood racing the Mustang. It buckled up like a tent because I forgot to use my handy dandy blue painters tape


  4. #264
    Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Antonio,TX
    Posts
    10,794

    Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

    Wait, so the hood is trashed? That sucks!!

    Dont push the red button.You hear me?

  5. #265
    Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Ondonti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

    Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    Still at 28 psi? Looks like low 11s so far. Did you run into any real problems other than brakes?
    I think with his MPH he would be very deep into the 10's with a decent 60'.
    Here is Corby just breaking into the 10's on 100mph in the 1/8th. There are two guys doing 10.80's with 101 and 102mph.

    Corby actually has the best 330' of guys near that time with a timeslip posted (Kevyn Cagle and Dan Carson), but less 1/4 MPH. Somewhere between the 330 and 990 he lost some ground. Then he out trapped the others between 990 and 1320

    Last edited by Ondonti; 08-25-2015 at 06:16 AM.
    Brent
    GREAT DEPRESSION RACING
    1992 Duster 3.0 The Junkyard- Now - Megasquirt II/Extra. OEM 10:1 3.0 + funny business
    - Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 Stock 3.0 Junk Motor - 516whp 519wtq 20psi 91 oct built 3.0 stock n/a computer
    1994 Spirit 3.0 - 12.3@113 15 psi - Daily Holset He341 280whp 304ft/lb @10psi
    1994 Spirit 3.0 a670 - Wife's - Disassembled
    1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE
    1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE
    1994 Duster 3.0 A543
    1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TII non IC, T1 31TH
    1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver, 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts, 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag
    1998 Dodge 12v Cummins 47re 4x4 4dr longbed. No fuel plate. Mack plug, AFC & Spring mods. Boost elbow.

  6. #266
    Hybrid booster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Merrimack, NH
    Posts
    869

    Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

    Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    Wait, so the hood is trashed? That sucks!!
    No hood is fiberglass and is fine. HairyGlass makes one hell of a product. Strong enough to take abuse and flexible enough not to crack.

  7. #267
    Hybrid booster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Merrimack, NH
    Posts
    869

    Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

    Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    I think with his MPH he would be very deep into the 10's with a decent 60'.
    Here is Corby just breaking into the 10's on 100mph in the 1/8th. There are two guys doing 10.80's with 101 and 102mph.

    Corby actually has the best 330' of guys near that time with a timeslip posted (Kevyn Cagle and Dan Carson), but less 1/4 MPH. Somewhere between the 330 and 990 he lost some ground. Then he out trapped the others between 990 and 1320

    Once the car hits boost it pulls like a freight train, I caught up and passed that e85 5.0 mustang after he had almost 3 cars on me. his mph was 93 and mine was 102

  8. #268
    Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Antonio,TX
    Posts
    10,794

    Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

    Yeah, just cut 3 tenths by the 8th and you can go 10.99999 , but I feel like this car was built for a single digit ET so bench racing to possible 10.99 vs guaranteed low 11s I don't think is the kind of bragging rights being sought here. But yeah, it's possible it could already be there on a full run.

    10s are going to happen guaranteed once the 2-step and boost control are figured out, even if peak boost doesn't change and nothing else about the setup changes. Seems like those are the only things in the way right now.

    Pretty impressive the hood isn't ruined!!

    Dont push the red button.You hear me?

  9. #269
    Hybrid booster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Merrimack, NH
    Posts
    869

    Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

    Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    Yeah, just cut 3 tenths by the 8th and you can go 10.99999 , but I feel like this car was built for a single digit ET so bench racing to possible 10.99 vs guaranteed low 11s I don't think is the kind of bragging rights being sought here. But yeah, it's possible it could already be there on a full run.

    10s are going to happen guaranteed once the 2-step and boost control are figured out, even if peak boost doesn't change and nothing else about the setup changes. Seems like those are the only things in the way right now.

    Pretty impressive the hood isn't ruined!!
    Nothing is guaranteed, but I do appreciate the support.

    From here on out, unless an event, I will be heading to the long track. Waiting on some info from AEM on the 2 step and things will be all good there.

    I am happy with the boost as it sits, that little bit of creep is accounted for. I am actually surprised it is not more considering the way I have the ext wg set up on the stock exhaust manifold.

    They way it buckled up i thought for sure it was wasted. Only ended up with on little crack on the underside on the support beam, already fixed.

  10. #270
    Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Ondonti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

    What has it been stalling at when launching?
    Brent
    GREAT DEPRESSION RACING
    1992 Duster 3.0 The Junkyard- Now - Megasquirt II/Extra. OEM 10:1 3.0 + funny business
    - Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 Stock 3.0 Junk Motor - 516whp 519wtq 20psi 91 oct built 3.0 stock n/a computer
    1994 Spirit 3.0 - 12.3@113 15 psi - Daily Holset He341 280whp 304ft/lb @10psi
    1994 Spirit 3.0 a670 - Wife's - Disassembled
    1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE
    1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE
    1994 Duster 3.0 A543
    1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TII non IC, T1 31TH
    1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver, 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts, 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag
    1998 Dodge 12v Cummins 47re 4x4 4dr longbed. No fuel plate. Mack plug, AFC & Spring mods. Boost elbow.

  11. #271
    Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Aubigny, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    4,999

    Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

    Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    Yeah, just cut 3 tenths by the 8th and you can go 10.99999 , but I feel like this car was built for a single digit ET so bench racing to possible 10.99 vs guaranteed low 11s I don't think is the kind of bragging rights being sought here. But yeah, it's possible it could already be there on a full run.

    10s are going to happen guaranteed once the 2-step and boost control are figured out, even if peak boost doesn't change and nothing else about the setup changes. Seems like those are the only things in the way right now.

    Pretty impressive the hood isn't ruined!!
    With the weight of his car and an auto trans he could easily shave 3 tenths from the 330', never mind the 1/8th Stick it becomes a little more tricky, but Can be done.

    Did I miss it, or have you mentioned where you have the cams set to? (OP)

    Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

  12. #272
    Hybrid booster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Merrimack, NH
    Posts
    869

    Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    With the weight of his car and an auto trans he could easily shave 3 tenths from the 330', never mind the 1/8th Stick it becomes a little more tricky, but Can be done.

    Did I miss it, or have you mentioned where you have the cams set to? (OP)
    Stock cams with stock cam sprockets haven't moved them at all

  13. #273
    Hybrid booster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Merrimack, NH
    Posts
    869

    Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

    Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    What has it been stalling at when launching?
    Feels like around 3500

  14. #274
    Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Antonio,TX
    Posts
    10,794

    Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

    With the weight of his car and an auto trans he could easily shave 3 tenths from the 330', never mind the 1/8th Stick it becomes a little more tricky, but Can be done.
    Seems like the 2 step is the main thing needed to get the 60' down. If you're pulling through the brakes but aren't spinning the slicks then with a 2step you could actually leave the line with higher boost and have a better 60', right? Especially since when you red light pulling through the brakes that means you were actually on the brakes for a couple of those 60ft.

    Dont push the red button.You hear me?

  15. #275
    Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Ondonti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

    Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    Seems like the 2 step is the main thing needed to get the 60' down. If you're pulling through the brakes but aren't spinning the slicks then with a 2step you could actually leave the line with higher boost and have a better 60', right? Especially since when you red light pulling through the brakes that means you were actually on the brakes for a couple of those 60ft.
    Just an off thought, wondering if that would help prevent grenading the diff area of the case. Brake boosting with no actual power. He could maybe build more boost but the converter would actually be more lazy right?
    Higher stall + 2 step
    Brent
    GREAT DEPRESSION RACING
    1992 Duster 3.0 The Junkyard- Now - Megasquirt II/Extra. OEM 10:1 3.0 + funny business
    - Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 Stock 3.0 Junk Motor - 516whp 519wtq 20psi 91 oct built 3.0 stock n/a computer
    1994 Spirit 3.0 - 12.3@113 15 psi - Daily Holset He341 280whp 304ft/lb @10psi
    1994 Spirit 3.0 a670 - Wife's - Disassembled
    1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE
    1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE
    1994 Duster 3.0 A543
    1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TII non IC, T1 31TH
    1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver, 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts, 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag
    1998 Dodge 12v Cummins 47re 4x4 4dr longbed. No fuel plate. Mack plug, AFC & Spring mods. Boost elbow.

  16. #276
    Hybrid booster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Merrimack, NH
    Posts
    869

    Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

    Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    Seems like the 2 step is the main thing needed to get the 60' down. If you're pulling through the brakes but aren't spinning the slicks then with a 2step you could actually leave the line with higher boost and have a better 60', right? Especially since when you red light pulling through the brakes that means you were actually on the brakes for a couple of those 60ft.
    Slicks are definitely not spinning yet and I have been brake boosting every time.

  17. #277
    Hybrid booster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Merrimack, NH
    Posts
    869

    Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

    Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    Just an off thought, wondering if that would help prevent grenading the diff area of the case. Brake boosting with no actual power. He could maybe build more boost but the converter would actually be more lazy right?
    Higher stall + 2 step
    Not going to mess with the converter. I actually like where it hits and don't think its a foreseeable problem. If I don't get where I think I should be with the 2 step, then I will probably be going, Dare I Say It, to a smaller ball bearing turbo. While I love this gt35, it is a cheaper godspeed journal bearing test turbo.

    It's one of the things I have to keep reminding myself, most of the parts on the car are things that I had lying around. They were supposed to be a test bed, just so happened that everything clicked together and the car runs great. Now I need to go back and start replacing my used/cheap stuff.

  18. #278
    Hybrid booster
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Notre-Dame de L'Ile Perrot, QC
    Posts
    716

    Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

    Easy and inexpensive way to get that turbo spinning quickly is to throw a small shot of NOS, even 30 hp jets would do the job.

    Just throwing it out there as an option.

  19. #279
    Hybrid booster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Merrimack, NH
    Posts
    869

    Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaboon View Post
    Easy and inexpensive way to get that turbo spinning quickly is to throw a small shot of NOS, even 30 hp jets would do the job.

    Just throwing it out there as an option.
    2 step should do it, no bottle baby here

  20. #280
    turbo addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Woodville Ala.
    Posts
    1,710

    Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

    How much boost are u able to make while staging?

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale The Hoopty 1986 Dodge Omni GLH-T DOHC turbo
    By Ubmbass in forum Cars
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2013, 06:28 PM
  2. 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z C/S
    By 86daytonat_top in forum Cars
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-31-2006, 09:15 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •