Thread: Turbo needs rebuild.

Mitsu booster

Turbo needs rebuild.

I need to rebuild my Garrett VNT-25 turbo.

Had some questions.
    1. Where can I get a rebuild kit for this turbo. Any known and trusted vendors.
    2. If we cant get spares for this will a rebuild kit from a GT 25 work ?
    3. Anybody willing to see me a used setup or spares like a clean compressor wheel, exhaust wheel with shaft.

Im pretty sure we can find something more modern and more efficient for the comp wheel. Are they any tried and tested replacement wheels for this compressor wheel.

My bearings are shot. The blades of both the comp wheel and the exhaust wheel touched the hosing. It still makes boos but if it wont break the bank Id like to change them.
    The other option is to just buy a new turbo. on ebay.

Re: Turbo needs rebuild.

Once compressor/turbine wheels are damaged they cannot be repaired. We keep new VNT-25 turbos in stock and back them with a two year warranty. We also Have VNT upgrades. Give us a call.
    Chris-TU
    Last edited by Chris W; 02-08-2015 at 08:06 PM.
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Once compressor/turbine wheels are damaged they cannot be repaired. We keep new VNT-25 turbos in stock and back them with a two year warranty. We also Have VNT upgrades. Give us a call.
    Chris-TU
    Hi
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have a guy local to me who will balance the shaft and wheels for me. So dont worry about that.
    I got this turbo brand new from ebay from James at turbocharged.com for like 300$.
    It went south thanks to oil flow issues.

Calling you would be an international call. I will try anyway.
    If you could shoot me a price via PM or e-mail for the items I need and also for the full turbo it would be nice. There is no way I need the either the hot side or cold side housings. Both are perfect and weigh too much to ship. Even if we opt for a new turbo it will still be only the center housing and the wheels.
    If I can work with the numbers Ill have a relative state side call you and place the order. My sister stays in simi valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinoy View Post
    Hi
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have a guy local to me who will balance the shaft and wheels for me. So dont worry about that.
    I got this turbo brand new from ebay from James at turbocharged.com for like 300$.
    It went south thanks to oil flow issues.

Calling you would be an international call. I will try anyway.
    If you could shoot me a price via PM or e-mail for the items I need and also for the full turbo it would be nice. There is no way I need the either the hot side or cold side housings. Both are perfect and weigh too much to ship. Even if we opt for a new turbo it will still be only the center housing and the wheels.
    If I can work with the numbers Ill have a relative state side call you and place the order. My sister stays in simi valley.
    Not sure if James has any new ones left as he hasn't posted any on EBay in a while. New wheel and shaft might not help you. Once the shaft moves so far that the compressor and turbine wheels hit you usually can't save the center section either. Check on the turbos condition and get back to me. Where are you located? We ship international all the time. Just shipped a large order to Finland Saturday and plenty to Mexico and Canada too. Our prices are on our website.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Mitsu booster

Im in India.
    Yes I need to get the turbo off the car. The blades have only lightly touched. The smoke in the exhaust is what tells me it needs new seals. I fail to see why a new shaft and wheel + rebuild kit cant fix it. We have done tons of mods from machining housing for larger blades. To all kinds of you cant do that and the cars are still running 10 years daily driven.
    Dont run more than 10 PSI. That could be the reason.
    Or even better a 2nd hand center section. Trying to save some money here. Its on a cheap old Honda. Did it on a lark. Ran really well.
    Im going thru you web site.
    Was hoping the gt25 centre section or rebuild kit could be used.
    Last edited by Chinoy; 02-09-2015 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinoy View Post
    Im in India.
    Yes I need to get the turbo off the car. The blades have only lightly touched. The smoke in the exhaust is what tells me it needs new seals. I fail to see why a new shaft and wheel + rebuild kit cant fix it. We have done tons of mods from machining housing for larger blades. To all kinds of you cant do that and the cars are still running 10 years daily driven.
    Dont run more than 10 PSI. That could be the reason.
    Or even better a 2nd hand center section. Trying to save some money here. Its on a cheap old Honda. Did it on a lark. Ran really well.
    Im going thru you web site.
    Was hoping the gt25 centre section or rebuild kit could be used.
    If there has been any contact between the compressor wheel and housing ending in blades feathering then there will be a depreciation in performance. Based on your budget, we recommend searching on EBay for a used turbo or center section. Trying to rebuild a VNT turbo can be painstaking as there are considerably more components then conventional turbos. If you are not satisfied with your results we will be here to support whatever you need.

Thanks!

Chris-TU