Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Turbo-Mopar Times - DATA COLLECTION THREAD!!!

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Re: 2015 Turbo-Mopar Times - DATA COLLECTION THREAD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post

Awesome update Wayne, knocking over a second off the previous listed time! Gus would be proud!

Drag Times Page updated!

Check it out here!
    Thanks JT!
    Hope you wrote mine in with pencil.... going racing later tonight!

(Nevermind! Maybe next time.)
    Last edited by wheming; 08-30-2015 at 01:25 AM.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Finally got to do some full 1/4 mile testing. Made four runs before I was asked to shut it down till I upgraded my license.

28-30 psi, did not touch a wrench to it, did not break anything. can't wait to turn up the boost to about 55psi. Here are the preliminary results............Please update my times in the data base. Sorry about the grainy first photo, If you double click on it ,it should clear up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9 sec. slips.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	466.8 KB 
ID:	56122   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0004.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	244.3 KB 
ID:	56123  
    Last edited by Warren Stramer; 08-31-2015 at 09:34 PM.
    best 1/8 ET-6.16 sec. best 1/8 speed-119.70 Best 1/4 MPH 145.5, Best 1/4 ET 9.65 sec. 8 valve NO NITROUS!!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Wow. Nice work good sir!

Hybrid booster

Holy moley! That is a Phenomenal update Warren! Congrats!

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Let me be amongst the first to congratulate you on what can only be described as an Incredible achievement!!!!!!!!!

I could have said "was there ever any doubt?" (not in This believers mind) but that would only Underscore the Magnitude of what you have been able to accomplish with a Dinosaur 8v'er!

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Thanks Guys, I don't get the car out as much as I would like to, So I try to make them count. I think I have a lot of tuning and adjusting yet to do. I don't yet know what wheelie bar setting it wants, What ignition timing it likes, or even what gearing would be best. Lot of things to sort out yet. Don't underestimate the old 8 valves
    best 1/8 ET-6.16 sec. best 1/8 speed-119.70 Best 1/4 MPH 145.5, Best 1/4 ET 9.65 sec. 8 valve NO NITROUS!!

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Wow! Now THAT is really cookin'!
    Nice work!
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Hybrid booster

1991 --- Spirit R/T --- 2.5L T-III hybrid --- A568--- 225/50/16 Cooper Zeon RS3-A --- Brian Cropp --- HSKR --- --- 2.41 --- 10.24 @ 68.65

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Wow! Now THAT is really cookin'!
    Nice work!
    Nice work indeed, congrats!

Working on clearing the decks.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Stramer View Post
    Finally got to do some full 1/4 mile testing. Made four runs before I was asked to shut it down till I upgraded my license.

28-30 psi, did not touch a wrench to it, did not break anything. can't wait to turn up the boost to about 55psi. Here are the preliminary results............Please update my times in the data base.
    Interested in the results of this at 55psi after Slowe gave up on the oldschool block. When are you going to do the licensing? Nice that your car is not on the ragged edge for such a practice.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    Interested in the results of this at 55psi after Slowe gave up on the oldschool block. When are you going to do the licensing? Nice that your car is not on the ragged edge for such a practice.
    I think Slowe just decided that as long as he was going to build another engine from scratch, why not just use a more modern platform. Just my guess. Makes sense to me.

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with the old 2.2 block when properly built; Stephane B. AKA Frenchy made close to 1000HP with one and never had block problems that I am aware of.

The biggest problem I see as far as longevity will be keeping the head on the block at the required cyl. pressures.

Don't know when or if I will upgrade my Comp license.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mopar-tech View Post
    Nice work indeed, congrats!
    Thanks Gary, When can we expect to see the Reliant?

turbo addict

Awesome job Warren!!!

Thanks Gary, When can we expect to see the Reliant?
    Was going to try for early next year, a rough plan was to drop off the car with Brian so he could complete the back half of the car and cage and I'd assemble a fairly mild engine over the winter. Have to get my feet wet again before I start pressing hard.

The bar has been raised quite a bit in the last several years, not sure if I have the time or energy to be competitive. Too many projects both at home and work takes its toll on you after awhile. I have contemplated several times selling Relentless off and building a second Reliant in its image circa 2001. A nice mid-ten second ride to torment imports on the weekend.

I have some work to complete on the CSX so I can take it to Cecil this fall.. I'll give Brian a shout this week and and see what the word is about getting the Reliant there. The 67 Dart is scheduled to be worked on this winter, it has been sitting as a painted shell since the spring of 2012, it is getting a supercharged 5.2 magnum engine. The Dart and Reliant are the last of my "big projects" as far as I'm concerned.

I'd actually like to spend some time racing cars and less time building them.

Gary

Hybrid booster

28-30 psi, did not touch a wrench to it, did not break anything. can't wait to turn up the boost to about 55psi. Here are the preliminary results............Please update my times in the data base.

Nice job young man!!!!

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

The bar has been raised quite a bit in the last several years, not sure if I have the time or energy to be competitive.

Gary
    PishPosh

Besides, I have a feeling Relentless just might have something to say about that.............

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Hybrid booster

Was going to try for early next year, a rough plan was to drop off the car with Brian so he could complete the back half of the car and cage and I'd assemble a fairly mild engine over the winter. Have to get my feet wet again before I start pressing hard.

The bar has been raised quite a bit in the last several years, not sure if I have the time or energy to be competitive. Too many projects both at home and work takes its toll on you after awhile. I have contemplated several times selling Relentless off and building a second Reliant in its image circa 2001. A nice mid-ten second ride to torment imports on the weekend.

I have some work to complete on the CSX so I can take it to Cecil this fall.. I'll give Brian a shout this week and and see what the word is about getting the Reliant there. The 67 Dart is scheduled to be worked on this winter, it has been sitting as a painted shell since the spring of 2012, it is getting a supercharged 5.2 magnum engine. The Dart and Reliant are the last of my "big projects" as far as I'm concerned.

Gary

I CALLED DIBS ON RELENTLESS ABOUT 12 YEARS AGO, DON'T FORGET ABOUT ME GARY!

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Gary

I am sort of with you, Gary, and sort of not. I never would have started rebuilding the Horizon with the intention of being the fastest. Just want to make a nice showing and have fun. A mid 10 second car is still competitive in our world.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Hybrid booster

Dang!!! Thats haulin'

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    I am sort of with you, Gary, and sort of not. I never would have started rebuilding the Horizon with the intention of being the fastest. Just want to make a nice showing and have fun. A mid 10 second car is still competitive in our world.
    I'm just a little too competitive Mike, all or nothing.

About the whole NHRA licensing rigamroll; I really want to avoid all the expense and hassal just to run my car once or twice a year. Getting the car to meet all the requirements, and getting the physical and all would not be bad, but then they make you recertify everything periodically and send them money$$$$ and it becomes a big pain in the A$$.
    I have boxes of perfectly good five point harnesses that are outdated, some I only used once
    Once you cross the 9.99 threshold it gets REAL expensive. My goal has been to beat Stephane's 8Valve record of 9.33 and then back the car down to easy 10.50's and go back to bracket racing.
    There are about four or five tracks I can get kicked out of trying to go 9.33 or I can just slow it down.(I can't believe I just said that!)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast