Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 87 dodge d150 carb to TBI swap

Mitsu booster

Re: 87 dodge d150 carb to TBI swap

I found a couple threads that jwillis84 had some input on. recent ones too. I've seen all of his youtube videos on the DRBII and some of his stuff on other forums. I'm excited that someone else understands that even though it can be emulated and improved on, there is just something about the old hardware that makes it fun and seemingly worthwhile to use and maintain. Like an extreme sense of nostalgia. I have quite a few antique computers and game consoles and thats how it is with them. emulators are cool but you can't beat the OG hardware. BTW, I also have the CH5500 programming kit in my possession and the 1992 programming cartridge is on its way. I also have a BB cable on its way and i'm eyeballing that Co-pilot ShelGame has for sale. I can make the RS-232 cable and i have many different systems i could run the software on if i had a copy of it. It was mentioned that it runs on 3.11. I happen to have that on a full set of 5.25" floppies and i have them backed up as images as well. I have several DOS and 95 PC's readily available for the task.

Mitsu booster

I have a minor update on my progress with the truck. I've spent some time getting my truck hooked up to my laptop and familiarizing myself with MPScan. If i use SBEC t1 for my port setting, It will actually perform some of the actuator tests and will correctly report some of the sensor outputs. I was especially surprised to see that it can do the minimum RPM test. Haven't tried logging any data with it yet. Somewhat confused on how to set that up. I've also attempted to read the stock cal from it in MPTune to begin disassembly. I've gotten as far as getting the bootstrap acknowledgement but it won't download from the PCM. I get a box saying 7812 baud 0 bytes and then the next box says i need to restart the process. I've dug up all the disassembler files i had from the Jeep project and downloaded the 89 2.2 TBI cal to view in MPTune and to try and compare it to my 5.2 TBI cal when i finally get it on my PC. Hopefully i can find enough similarities so its more like reading between the lines rather than starting from scratch.

Mitsu booster

Got the truck to a good solid state of tune finally. I managed to get my headers to quit leaking, cleaned my injectors in my heated ultrasonic cleaner while pulsing them with a varying square wave of 10-50hz. Cruise control works great after cobbling up a control switch for it. My LTFT's are in the single digits. cruising is around +7-8% i saw one spot barely off idle going down a hill where it was actually pulling fuel(albeit a negligible amount). -2% Anyone know why my idle adjustment would be +280µs? I think it throws a lean code after around +384 or so. I'm not even sure how it adapts at idle since its open loop at idle due to having a smog pump from the factory.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12