Thread: Scratch and Dent: BMF Intake head flanges

turbo addict

Scratch and Dent: BMF Intake head flanges

Not really scratch and dent. These are machining errors.

ISSUES:

#1 Part moved during machining of injector bore. Bore has an oval shape and is oversized.

#2 Same as #1 but worse. About 1mm oversize from the furthest point of the oval ends.

#3 Fixture was set wrong and bolt holes were machined a couple mm's shifted. Center to center distance is correct though. Machining was aborted after that so there is no injector bore and the outer profile has not been finished. Also, there is a section of runner tubing partially welded to the flange. It is not long enough to be a production runner, so it would almost certainly need to be removed.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS

#1 may seal correctly to the injector oring with no changes, but I'm not sure. So it may need to be bored oversized and a sleeve/tube/bung installed to provide a correct bore.

#2 will almost certainly not seal correctly to the injector oring with no changes. So it will need to be bored oversized and a sleeve/tube/bung installed to provide a correct bore.

#3 will still bolt to a head, it will just be offset a little lower than normal. I bolted it to a head and it looks fine, I dont see a problem with port matching it on the particular head I bolted it to, but yours may differ slightly. I would guess it will not be a problem. There is no injector bore so that will need to be created somehow. By putting less of a chamfer on the injector bore than normal, you could compensate for the injector being higher relative to the flange than normal, if needed, but it would probably be fine if you copied the chamfer of the others. The tube could easily be cut off with a hand saw and the weld broken and the shouldered relief for the runner cleared for a proper runner with no difficulty, I believe. The outer profile could be dremeled/bur'd to shape pretty easily, if desired. I am not sure if it will clear the exhaust without doing that so you may want to plan on it.

I am selling all three for $75 shipped. I may decide to cut off part of the tube on #3 to make it easier to ship, at my discretion.

Sorry there is not a set of 4! I am sure I will eventually have one more, but it may be awhile because I've gotten pretty good at making these. I can offer two solutions for that:

You can buy a production BMF head flange for an additional $60 shipped.

or

I will promise to give you first-dibs on the next scratch & dent/machining error head flange, at the price of $25 shipped. I dont know when I will I will have one available though.

You can buy them here using a credit card. https://squareup.com/market/exoticel...mf-head-flange

There is a pull down menu that lets you select the three head flanges with issues or the single production head flange with no issues. If you want all 4, add each to your cart (total would be $135) or if you just want the three, add just the $75 option to your cart.

I will include 2 bolts per flange ordered.

First come first serve!

- - - Updated - - -

turbo addict

Re: Scratch and Dent: BMF Intake head flanges

turbo addict

Re: Scratch and Dent: BMF Intake head flanges

NOTE: I forgot to say, if you add the $60 production flange, I will need about 3 weeks to ship.