boostaholic

Re: Sdac-25

Quote Originally Posted by acannell View Post
    sounds like fun!

BTW not that kind of pit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sil...mbs_%28film%29

- - - Updated - - -

theres a drag strip?
    Yes they had the drags at GLD.I raced Marra on his cheater minibike.Probally the only time hell ever tree me.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

sounds like fun!

BTW not that kind of pit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sil...mbs_%28film%29

- - - Updated - - -

theres a drag strip?
    Over the last couple of years there has been an autocross, car show, drag racing day, road rally, and awards night.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Had a great time at last SDAC 24 as well in Wisconsin. My Dad and I both really liked the resort and it was very easy to walk right outside and see Shelby Dodges galore and meet with everybody. Easiest access car show ever. I would totally go back if it was held there again. Only regret is I probably drank too much beer haha.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarneycars View Post
    YO ACannell. Buzz over to Applebees in LaHabra when the have their monthly get together there and hunt up ah guy that's on this site as 2.2L16VTurbo. (FRIENDZ CALL HIM ALAN) He'll tell you stories about the SDAC Parties that'll make you forget all about your little pooch, lol
    Don't think that I haven't tried to get the guy that lives to machine metal and likes to do advanced math calculations on just about everything automotive related 'cause it's fun' about a dozen times Jer! I've offered to buy parts off him if he shows up to the 'Bees, heck I've even tried to ply him with free beer I think Asa may be one of those not gonna leave my house ever guys

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarneycars View Post
    YO ACannell. Buzz over to Applebees in LaHabra when the have their monthly get together there and hunt up ah guy that's on this site as 2.2L16VTurbo. (FRIENDZ CALL HIM ALAN) He'll tell you stories about the SDAC Parties that'll make you forget all about your little pooch, lol
    Don't think that I haven't tried to get the guy that lives to machine metal and likes to do advanced math calculations on just about everything automotive related 'cause it's fun' about a dozen times Jer! I've offered to buy parts off him if he shows up to the 'Bees, heck I've even tried to ply him with free beer I think Asa may be one of those not gonna leave my house ever guys

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    I would like to at least have my daytona running..otherwise I have to show up in a chevy and thats just so....wrong

I would like to at least have my daytona running..otherwise I have to show up in a chevy and thats just so....wrong
    You couldn't be more off base. Two of my favorite guys at SDAC every year generally roll up in a Caddy.

Ha I felt like it was so wrong to bring my CSRT last year.

ANY chance of a Masi 16v powered SOMETHING showing up next year? I am trying hard.

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    Ha I felt like it was so wrong to bring my CSRT last year.

ANY chance of a Masi 16v powered SOMETHING showing up next year? I am trying hard.
    There is usually at least one masi powered vehicle there each year. I'm surprised there wasn't this year if that was the case.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Are you serious? I think he's still got his big head in the clouds from the top gun at 20 that some people can't get over. On top of that he's always holding out on the photo front. Of all the guys on this site he probably has the most gal and the haughtiest attitude. I can just tell by the tone of his post that he probably beat me by a mile in everything including the road rally. Although I'm pretty sure that he eked out Kronk when the pile or road rally plaques he had slid off the dash and out into the road. The time spent collecting them was the difference between DJ winning and coming in 2nd place.
    That's it, I'm outta turbo dodges. You guys are al jerks. There's a blue Shadow that eveyone will think is black and a beat up CSX in the for sale section. $1000 for the Shadow and $500 for the CSX or $900 for both.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by turboshad View Post
    That's it, I'm outta turbo dodges. You guys are al jerks. There's a blue Shadow that eveyone will think is black and a beat up CSX in the for sale section. $1000 for the Shadow and $500 for the CSX or $900 for both.
    that's not blue it's more of a green color. must be something to do with the Canadian air that makes you go a little colorblind.

turbo addict

I thought it was purple....

turbo addict

Cleveland was talked about a few years ago. Im hoping that comes back around.

turbo addict

My wife's Cutlass has been to more SDACs than my van.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Oh come on. This is ridiculous. You should really part them out.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    You guys are too much.

Hybrid booster

You have PM
    Gene

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    There is usually at least one masi powered vehicle there each year. I'm surprised there wasn't this year if that was the case.
    Yeah I was bummed that I couldn't find one. Just the sound of it idling and oogling over it would have been pretty darn cool. Ironically the closest thing I have is my CSRT which has a very similar valve train design. I might just be firing the darn thing up soon so I'll find out soon enough.

I was also very surprised at the lack of Shelby Lancers last year. There were at least a dozen '89 CSX cars (out of 500) but only one SL (out of 800). It was the '89 CSX 25th anniversary though.

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    Yeah I was bummed that I couldn't find one. Just the sound of it idling and oogling over it would have been pretty darn cool. Ironically the closest thing I have is my CSRT which has a very similar valve train design. I might just be firing the darn thing up soon so I'll find out soon enough.

I was also very surprised at the lack of Shelby Lancers last year. There were at least a dozen '89 CSX cars (out of 500) but only one SL (out of 800). It was the '89 CSX 25th anniversary though.
    I was surprised by that too. Usually there are at least 2-3. There were 13 CSX VNTs there at the peak if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not off to check out the valve train for the CSRT4s now that you've said that I would add.

Holy crap, that makes me want a CSRT4 even more now. Come on depreciation...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast