Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sdac-25

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Sdac-25

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Nah, last time it was here I stayed at home instead of the hotel and I feel like I missed most of the shenanigans... Which of course is the best part of SDAC...

+1

23 was close enough that I drove to it on the days I could attend. You miss a lot not being at the host hotel...

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Please be patient guys, we're working on it... We have 4 chapters working on it. The dates may be the typical weekend or in July.. More coming soon! ... I hope!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Woah, woah, woah. I don't know that I could do July. I really like being able to say that I get together with you guys the weekend after father's day beause it's the longest day of the year and SDAC is the only place to be on such a special day.

boostaholic

I dunno Id rather take 2 long weekends a few weeks apart than take one week off work.Being the only tech where i work it would be really hard to take off that long.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I'm not going to lie though; after being so close to home for the last three years a nice long drive will be nice.
    Ya, I agree Brian. It would be nice to have a long drive for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by turboshad View Post
    Ya, I agree Brian. It would be nice to have a long drive for a change.
    Oh yeah. This is especially true for you. I bet you've only traveled 1.2 gigameters round trip for the last couple of SDACs.

turbo addict

Ah the good ole metric system eh...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

If he goes 1.21 gigameters he won't show up until October!

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    If he goes 1.21 gigameters he won't show up until October!
    He already did that. He left for SDAC 25 next week and got back yesterday. I'm a little miffed that he hasn't at least told me where it's at this year to say the least.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Sorry guys, I just got back from SDAC25 and I missed a bit of the conversation. What were we talking about again?

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turboshad View Post
    Sorry guys, I just got back from SDAC25 and I missed a bit of the conversation. What were we talking about again?
    I hope you lost the autocross. Take any decent pictures at least?
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Hybrid booster

Consider the south east so I can actually make it to one of these while I'm not deployed! lol

turbo addict

Thanks for your service....says an 8 year Viet vet!
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    I hope you lost the autocross. Take any decent pictures at least?
    Are you serious? I think he's still got his big head in the clouds from the top gun at 20 that some people can't get over. On top of that he's always holding out on the photo front. Of all the guys on this site he probably has the most gal and the haughtiest attitude. I can just tell by the tone of his post that he probably beat me by a mile in everything including the road rally. Although I'm pretty sure that he eked out Kronk when the pile or road rally plaques he had slid off the dash and out into the road. The time spent collecting them was the difference between DJ winning and coming in 2nd place.

turbo addict

I feel some good tensions coming out of this already . as long as there is no TU tent meets I think we will be good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

Ive never been to any kind of auto show..what are these things like? Esp. the SDAC ones? I have my pit to take care of and it cries to me when I leave the house.

Hybrid booster

YO ACannell. Buzz over to Applebees in LaHabra when the have their monthly get together there and hunt up ah guy that's on this site as 2.2L16VTurbo. (FRIENDZ CALL HIM ALAN) He'll tell you stories about the SDAC Parties that'll make you forget all about your little pooch, lol

Quote Originally Posted by acannell View Post
    Ive never been to any kind of auto show..what are these things like? Esp. the SDAC ones? I have my pit to take care of and it cries to me when I leave the house.
    During the day we attend events and break cars. We work on the cars which have broken in the parking lot in the evenings and overnight. Lots of great people and some great stories come out of it. My first was 17 and I've been to every one since.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    During the day we attend events and break cars. We work on the cars which have broken in the parking lot in the evenings and overnight. Lots of great people and some great stories come out of it. My first was 17 and I've been to every one since.

....And drink lots of beverages,make trips to emergency rooms,parts stores and make jokes about crashing into a mountain.

24 was my first SDAC.I didnt have anything cool there but I was allowed to make passes on jt's pit bike.I had a really good time and wish i had gone to one sooner.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarneycars View Post
    YO ACannell. Buzz over to Applebees in LaHabra when the have their monthly get together there and hunt up ah guy that's on this site as 2.2L16VTurbo. (FRIENDZ CALL HIM ALAN) He'll tell you stories about the SDAC Parties that'll make you forget all about your little pooch, lol
    sounds like fun!

BTW not that kind of pit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sil...mbs_%28film%29

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Craig View Post
    ....And drink lots of beverages,make trips to emergency rooms,parts stores and make jokes about crashing into a mountain.

24 was my first SDAC.I didnt have anything cool there but I was allowed to make passes on jt's pit bike.I had a really good time and wish i had gone to one sooner.
    theres a drag strip?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast