Thread: BMF Intake prototype $325 shipped, no waiting

turbo addict

BMF Intake prototype $325 shipped, no waiting

This is the very first BMF intake. It is the prototype I had installed on my 90 Daytona.

I am selling it because it is different than the production BMF intake and I need to have the production BMF intake installed so I can do testing and fitment that is based on what other people will have.

It has the following differences from a production BMF intake:

-It fits with the Saginaw pump! Its a VERY close fit so you may need to grind/sand something to get it to fit yours, but it fits mine.
    -Its plenum is shorter, in order to fit the Saginaw pump. The inner plenum walls come up very close to #1 runner hole.
    -The runner openings in the plenum are NOT radiused. They are sharp edged. If you wanted to radius them, you could probably cut one or both ends of the plenum of and radius them using a small right angle air grinder, possibly. They are still cut as an oval and their edges are inline with the runners, they just arent "smoothed" from the runner inside surface to the plenum plate surface.
    -The runner length is slightly longer than the production version. It fits a G-body okay, but it might be too tight for an L body, or just barely fit, I'm not sure.
    -The welds are very lumpy.
    -The head flanges have various machining errors and some minor damage. But they are 100% functional.
    -The fuel rail mounts were not the production design, and have been removed. I can include two blank production fuel rail mounts with no holes in them, which should get you very close, but will likely need a little shaved off the rail mount surface, maybe 1/16". And the clearances holes put in them for bolts and the threaded and tapped hole for the fuel rail. There are some holes in the plenum plate where the old mounts were attached. I would recommend TIG welding those holes closed and then drilling and tapping as needed to mount whatever fuel rail mounts you make.Or you could possibly just cover those holes up with the new fuel rail mounts you make.
    -There is a tab that sticks out on the end of the plenum meant to allow the ground strap to bolt to it. Handy!
    -There are several NPT tapped holes to fit the various sensors and things needed to use this on a working street vehicle. Saves a little time!

I think thats it. Its still got a HUGE plenum, HUGE runners, and fits up to a 58mm throttle body. The head flanges still have the same funnel design.

Just to be CLEAR: there is no way to use this without doing some fab work. You will need to modify the fuel rail mounts, including drilling and tapping holes in the intake and in the mounts, and possibly removing some material from them. Also, the cosmetics as far as the welds are pretty bumpy. If you want to radius the runner openings inside the plenum you will need a small right angle die grinder (not sure its even possible) and you will have to cut one or both ends of the plenum off, and TIG weld it all back together. Im not sure how good of a job is possible in those circumstances.

$325 shipped to USA! Payment by credit card through square. First come first serve, you can buy it here:

https://squareup.com/market/exoticel...take-prototype

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

NOTE: The pictures show the fuel rail mounts present, but they have been REMOVED, as described in the first post.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it will come with 8 head flange bolts and 4 fuel rail mount bolts.

turbo addict

Re: BMF Intake prototype $325 shipped, no waiting

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

This will sell quickly.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    This will sell quickly.
    I think its a pretty good deal! Ready to ship!

After some thought, I think if you wanted to radius the plenum plate, it would make more sense to cut the plenum off entirely with a bandsaw, right above the surface of the plenum plate, then you could definitely access the plenum plate with any tool for radiusing/bellmouthing, versus trying to get a small tool inside the plenum. And when you are rewelding, I think those welds are the easiest to align and clean up.

turbo addict

I will also consider trading this fully or partially for the following item(s):

forged 0.030" over pistons for the 2.5 turbo
    a quality ported stock exhaust manifold
    F4 or R5 or other high end "billet" racing cam
    beehive/crane springs required for high lift cams

I would consider all parts used or new.

Also considering machinist tools

turbo addict

To sweeten the deal I'll go over all the welds with my new welding setup, so they will be ALOT nicer looking, just like production.

And, if desired, Ill cut the plenum off so you dont have to, if you want to radius the plenum plate yourself.

And, I'll mount the fuel rail mounts properly, with drilled and tapped holes, so you can drop the stock fuel rail right in.

turbo addict

Annnnd it's GONE!!! Thank you spooling!!