Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My GTP for sale

turbo addict

Re: My GTP for sale

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaV12 View Post
    Did you get mine, Mike?(Re: shipping windshield to new owner)

Yes and I sent a pm back, or at least i tried to. Your good to go, just need to pay for shipping.

Have the new owner contact me with his address and I'll get a shipping quote.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Consulier Industries do or produce anything....or he just has the name?
    Jill had stock in Consulier Ind. she just got a check for for stock.
    The company is closed down.
    They were in medical device manufacturing.

turbo addict

My GTP for sale

Can she buy a MT900 with her stock proceeds?

Garrett booster

Then one day she will be in the same situation we are …going back to the factory to get parts….maybe.
    No thanks.
    Sorry to say it but she wants a Corvette if she gets a two seater.
    She delivered a TEC tuned Corvette to California and had a blast.
    Thats after driving every MT900 and lots of other sports/super cars.

turbo addict

Damn spell check changed it to a Corvette. When I'm sure you typed in something else like a m4 or maybe a 911

Garrett booster

Hey thats her choice.
    I looked up the M4 looks fun for sure.
    If I had to pick a "dumb Porsche" I would pick a 914-6 that is my favorite one.

turbo addict

Corvettes are great cars!!!!!!!!!!!
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Corvettes are great cars!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes they are, Johnny! Probably why I can't stop buying them.
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

turbo addict

But if I had one, it would have to be a C5, C6 or a C7.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Hybrid booster

Hello,
    i will start a new thread but just wanted to update folks since car arrived....

in general I am super happy, car is a blast to drive. Thanks to everyone on the forum that has helped me so far.

I needed help with what assorted unmarked pull knobs did... But I think no one is 100% sure what all of them do...

I am going to do the grainger valve as the car is over boosting. I have had many European turbo cars but never have encountered this problem- is it due to less sophisticated engine management?

Was as worried that the car's structure was damaged as the passenger side door did not close properly - it had a huge gap- but then I was told to shut it HARD ! The door closes properly when slammed. ( I had taught my kids to never ever slam a car door...the gtp is a different beast)

still am getting to know the car. Have run it around an outlaw autocross course (will post the video later) and was very impressed with car till we got the overboost. But the handling is superb.

Thanks again

Hybrid booster

The knob situation plagues us all I think. My car has a fader knob on the dash for the speakers, but Aarons targa does not.
    He swears the "heat" knob is a turn knob, but it feels more like a push/pull knob on mine... without pulling the underside of the dash and poking around in there to see what it moves, I may never know for sure.
    It's odd that it's over boosting but it could be a bad map or baro sensor or a number of things. Mine had a bad map when I got it.
    It's not that the engine management is too simple. Does you car have the vacuum diagrams under the "hood" start there and make sure it's all hooked up correctly and the hoses are good.
    The doors on mine were like that too until I changed the door seals. Even now they still do it a little.
    Glad you're having some fun. They are truly amazing vehicles, easy to drive, easy to go fast and very forgiving.

turbo addict

Does anyone have this button? No idea what it is for....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	button.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	280.2 KB 
ID:	53851  

turbo addict

I'm not mechanic nor do I pretend to play one but with my turbo dodges, The internal wastegate setup caused most of my boosting issues...most have been underboosting thou and not spiking. Do a quick search for boost spike or creep and you'll get all the information you need.

I do have brand new GTP computers if you would like to buy one but that is likely not your issue.

Of course the first thing to check would the vacuum lines and the wastegate can actuator.

As for anything non motor related, these cars as you see are anything but refined.....They are truly a race car for the street. The series 2 cars much more so than the series 1 cars. At least the series 1 cars have a decent dash and door panel upholstery.

The knobs in these cars are a joke and I think they made the entire air flow system from a JEGS catalog. I know the mornings in Cali can be chilly but there will be plenty of heat coming into the cabin from the engine behind you. I stuffed a large piece of foam in one of the holes to keep the heat out.

For me AC is a must. with the widows down, the air comes into the cabin behind my head and the air circulation isn't the best. When I am driving with the windows down I find myself holding my hand out the window at an angle to get fresh air onto my face.

Oh and when I say with the windows down....that is if they decide to work at that particular moment in time

While cruising to a car show last September, my passenger window decided it didn't want to move anymore. Fortunately it was already in the UP position so I didn't have to worry about keeping the elements out.

Enjoy your ownership with the car. They all have their issues but the thrill of driving them, cruising around town, talking about them and racing them definitely makes you forget about their shortcomings.
    Last edited by 168glhs1986; 02-20-2015 at 01:08 PM.

Garrett booster

Don't know Johnny, mine doesn't have that one...

This option works best with targa tops like Johnny's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71BC8M9Hw0I
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345