Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My GTP for sale

Hybrid booster

Re: My GTP for sale

I am the purchaser. I have never driven a gtp , nor even sat in one , so I am anxiously awaiting the delivery. It is ironic that it is coming home . We live half the year in florida, in palm beach.
    any and all insights are welcomed and encouraged.
    I am selling my track cars as they just don't get enough use. My intention is to drive this gtp,as often as possible and do track days.

turbo addict

Welcome to the Consulier GTP and turbo-mopar world!
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Hope to see it a car show or cruise sometime around west palm. Congratulations on the car.

turbo addict

My GTP for sale

Welcome to the exclusive GTP ownership club and to the best forum on the internet.

As your aware of by now the GTP's heart is all Turbo Mopar and it's chassis is at home on the track and on the street. As far as I know I'm the only "post Mosler sale" purchaser to track the car.

The weak points are the brakes and the soft springs. I upgraded to A custom Wilwppd set for a measly $2200 for all 4 including pads and custom brackets.

What track cars are you selling?

Lastly I know Slowe Speed in Philly is quote a distance from you but I'm not sure where you love the other half of the year....assuming north east somewhere?

Anyway take your car to Brian to get track prepped and to verify a healthy running motor and your good to go for many more miles to come.

These engines if done properly are extremely reliable.

Congrats again and your going to love it.

Hybrid booster

Thanks for the info what are stock spring rates? And what did you change to?
    I am familiar with wilwood brakes , will pm you about the custom brackets
    no one else is doing track days or autocross or anything?

what happened to the factory race cars? Any survivors?

I am in Santa Barbara California in the summer , so philly is a bit tough!

(Have sold my e30 m3 race cars, now have a couple gen1 Toyota mr2 race cars that have been modified with the yamaha/Toyota 2zzge engines 8500 rpm stock redline, 6 speed tranny. And a resto mod volvo 1800 that is pretty wild )

turbo addict

I autocrossed mine 3 times last year.
    Plan on doing more this coming season.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by polopharm View Post
    Thanks for the info what are stock spring rates? And what did you change to?
    I am familiar with wilwood brakes , will pm you about the custom brackets
    no one else is doing track days or autocross or anything?

what happened to the factory race cars? Any survivors?

I am in Santa Barbara California in the summer , so philly is a bit tough!

(Have sold my e30 m3 race cars, now have a couple gen1 Toyota mr2 race cars that have been modified with the yamaha/Toyota 2zzge engines 8500 rpm stock redline, 6 speed tranny. And a resto mod volvo 1800 that is pretty wild )
    Wow, west coast to east coast, love it !

I have 3 E30 M3's right now and I'm thinning the heard to 2 as I just brought a '77 911 on board. The hotrod MR2's sound like fun also, I see a mid engine love affair

For the spring rates, I'm running the heavier 16v head so I probably have another 100 ish lbs in the engine bay. I'm running 500 rear and 400 front but want to change to 600 rear and 500 front.

For the brakes, you have to swap the rear Fiero spindles to the same Daytona front style so now you have all four matching. Then call Todd at TCE performance, your probably already familiar with him if your in the track circles.

He built a custom set of brackets for the Daytona spindles. Brakes are absolutely amazing. 11.xx " all around, pads are top loading so can swap them in 1 minute or less

And not to mention they look incredible behind the open spoke RFp1's I'm currently running.

Have you shipped the car to Florida yet? If not ship it to Brian in Philly then fly up to Philly and drive to Florida.....just a thought.

Factory race cars are in the hands of Warren and his family. I think they built 3 with the 16v head like my car and think all are still around. Most of the race cars were 8v heads and unsure how many are still around.

Are you a member of the E30 M3 SIG group? A gentleman named Alan Simon who lives in Florida still owns Consulier Industries and used to race these cars back when they were new. I have his contact information, he would be your go to guy for sure.

Mike

turbo addict

A gentleman named Alan Simon who lives in Florida still owns Consulier Industries and used to race these cars back when they were new. I have his contact information
    Whats the story with this????

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Whats the story with this????
    He and Warren owned Consulier Industries together. When the automotive side split off Alan remained CEO of Consulier Industries.

To this day he's still Warren's personal lawyer. I think he was also the driver in the $100,000 challenge.

Owned a Mosler MT900, took it to a shop for basic repair and the mechanic made a mistake, caught the car on fire and it was a total loss

He races E30 M3's, is semi retired and still living the dream in Florida.

turbo addict

Consulier Industries do or produce anything....or he just has the name?

turbo addict

Unsure Johnny.

Hybrid booster

Car is on way to Florida this week, it turns out it will be returning to within 20 miles of where it was built. I am gonna get it home, drive and see where I am.
    I also plan to stop in at Rossion, I want to get a set of wheels for track tires, and I am a car parts hoarder so may end up with a bunch more stuff.

Going to drive it for a little while and see what I have before doing anything.

ps my first car was a 1965 911, in 1985 they were so cheap and no one wanted the early pre 1969 ones, wish it had it now (to sell!!)
    I am a big fan of the mid engine car, and the mr2 is a cheap super fun car , with all Toyota parts cheap and readily available, as all parts are interchangeable with virtually all other toyotas.

I guess I am in for a different deal here, I have to hope to keep my windshield, body panels and who nows what else in one piece! At least the drive train parts are readily available.

Thanks for for the welcome and the insights so far, keep them coming.

boostaholic

In for volvo/bmw/toyota pics.

When I think of a comparable power/weight mid engine.. the 1st thing I think of is the 2nd gen MR2 turbo. A little lighter than the Toyota though.

Windshields.. I think four or five hundred would get you a lexan one made. No fenders or quarter panels to replace and the body is supposed to be pretty tough. If it does some how get damaged, boat repair methods should get it back in to shape. I would think.

turbo addict

I have plenty of lexan windshields

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    Mike,

Please give me a call.

Thanks!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Congrats Polopharm; and to Forza too.

The essence of trade is - both sides win
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Off she goes, back home to Florida!
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    square or round corner versions? psst..Mike, clean out your PM's

turbo addict

Cleaned out 750 messages! Round corners.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Did you get mine, Mike?(Re: shipping windshield to new owner)
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast