Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: MegaSquirt Successes Needed

Hybrid booster

Re: MegaSquirt Successes Needed

in order to get the injector dead time measurement, you do a flow test with a graduated cylinder then enter the numbers into an excell spreadsheet, once you get your final dead time and flow numbers you plug those in to Tunerstudio. from there you will have tunerstudio calculate required fuel which gives you all your cranking and initial start fuel settings.
    a video i made a while back on doing the injector dead time testing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Fisp92iHM

the stand i have in the video is just something i whipped together out of some MDF and have the rail attached with zip ties to it
    the graduated cylinder is a 100 ml glass graduated cylinder with 1 ml increments, i paid about $15 for it off ebay.

Hybrid booster

Ms3 pro evo question. I have an idea but was wanting to know how everyone is running the cam sensor on an 8v. I like to see how you set the sensor up. I’m totally copying Brian’s crank sensor set up 100% but my ideas never look professional always sloppy. Once I see how somebody else done it I’m pretty good at being a copy cat. Thanks

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackerman View Post
    Ms3 pro evo question. I have an idea but was wanting to know how everyone is running the cam sensor on an 8v. I like to see how you set the sensor up. I’m totally copying Brian’s crank sensor set up 100% but my ideas never look professional always sloppy. Once I see how somebody else done it I’m pretty good at being a copy cat. Thanks
    Curious about this also, since I've been considering the upgrade on one of my 8v.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Hybrid booster

Wayne Brian told me how to do it as I bought ms3 pro evo and wasn’t going to use cam sensor. Brian informed me that I wouldn’t be able to use the system to the full potential. So what I’m going to do is cut 3 of the signal pieces off the distributor and use an L bracket with the adjustable cam sensor from diy auto tune. When I’m done it will work but look like a total hack. That’s why I would like to see how others did it.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Wayne Brian told me how to do it as I bought ms3 pro evo and wasn’t going to use cam sensor. Brian informed me that I wouldn’t be able to use the system to the full potential. So what I’m going to do is cut 3 of the signal pieces off the distributor and use an L bracket with the adjustable cam sensor from diy auto tune. When I’m done it will work but look like a total hack. That’s why I would like to see how others did it.
    I wonder if this would be a popular thing, if we could get a "rear cam seal" piece made to adapt another applications cam sensor.
    Of course the cam would then need a corresponding notch/trigger in the correct spot.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Hybrid booster

I wonder if anybody ever set it up on the cam pulley. I don’t know if that would be adequate

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

I wonder if anybody ever set it up on the cam pulley. I don’t know if that would be adequate
    Mike Dimeo has set up on the opposite side of the cam, where the smog pump pulley would go.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Hybrid booster

Never seen our cars with smog pump. I’d like to see that. Thanks Mike

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Never seen our cars with smog pump. I’d like to see that. Thanks Mike
    The carb cars had them. My 87 Charger which was NA had one on it before I removed it. I'll see if I can find a generic picture.

- - - Updated - - -

You can see where it is located in this video. It's under the timing belt type cover on the driver's side of the head.

Hybrid booster

I ended up using a half-moon style trigger in the original distributor- i cut all the vanes off and cut a piece of i believe it was 2 1/8" exhaust pipe so that i had a half moon style vane and welded it to the original base. used a stock TBI HEP. all the MS needs the cam sensor for is so that it knows which cycle the engine is on. the crank trigger can only tell where the engine is in 360 degrees, but an engine has 2 full rotations of the crank so it needs a simple signal so MS it knows which cycle its on.

you could also use a distributor from an 85 turbo car, the secondary hep is a half moon shape. i couldnt find one so i just made the same thing in a tbi distributor.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789