Quote Originally Posted by OmniLuvr View Post
the problem with this was to much effort to keep turbo in the stock location, personally I hate where our turbos are located. move the turbo over where the TU log manifold is, throw a slight angle on the mounting flange to angle the compressor inlet more towards the front of the vehicle instead of towards the fender and you would be onto something... just my idea... and this wouldn't have to be a log header, just an example, this would allow more room for 4-1 or 4-2-1 header, and more room for downpipe to p/s pump clearance...
Yes that header was basically my first fab/welding project of any kind..pre-machining, pre-everything pretty much. I cant even remember why I wanted to keep the turbo in the stock location, I think it was just the challenge of it. There doesnt appear to be much of a benefit from that besides saving some $/time on certain things attached to the turbo that would have to change if it were moved about. Its probably more crack resistant since the turbo and head flanges are so close together in the stock configuration that I could easily brace them very well, so the primaries experience less stress. But you could still maintain that with a custom header that moved the turbo over.

I think what I should do is replace it with a ported stock manifold, and then design a crazy large diameter, large centerline radius swingvalve/downpipe, and call it a day.