Thread: Purchasing a 1985 Turbo EFI Lebaron

Threaded View

Garrett booster

Purchasing a 1985 Turbo EFI Lebaron

Hello all, I had an account here known as TopGunWgHs but cannot remember my password and see no place to submit for a new one. I live in the Rockies of Northern Colorado and own a 2004 Dodge SRT-4 with 160k on the clock. It has an E1 Turbo + BFMIC + WALBRO + DUSTER Injectors and Tune. On e85 it should run 403whp, on 93 it should run 354whp. She's my pride and joy and has given me relatively no issues.

Now, back to the thread title, I will be headed up to WY on Monday to purchase what seems too good to be true! A minty fresh 1985 Turbo Lebaron with only 57k and no real issues. I did some research it founf that it has the Turbo I engine with no IC, is there an easy way to get the IC from the Turbo II on to provide 176hp? I don't plan on making it a speed demon at all, it's going to be the perfect travel vehicle that my fiance' and I need. She has a Cherokee that never works and a Tercel we're selling for this car. Her past vehicles were 2 1st Gen Neon's a white R/T and a PH1 4dr. She shares the same Mopar love as I.

Could anyone provide me with key areas to check for issues, what to expect, and what easy performance upgrades I should undertake? Being that it is a Turbo, I expect some great mileage, does anyone have real world numbers? -- I ask this because my SRT-4 got me around 24-28mpg combined in NY, then when I moved to CO and felt the power loss at 5,000'+ I get an average tank of 31+ with 60% city!

Thanks for reading all, and I am glad to be back! Oh, and I have some knowledge of the Turbo K's I helped maintain a CSX and Omni GLH back in NY, but they were swapped so many times the electrical issues were beyond me and my friend sold.

Last edited by TopGunRMNP; 01-07-2015 at 05:12 PM.