Thread: Car getting repainted. Stripe thoughts?

Hybrid booster

Car getting repainted. Stripe thoughts?

I've been working on an 89' Daytona for the past few years, and I finally took the plunge to get the exterior redone / repainted. I'm getting it repainted all white, opposed to the white/silver 2 tone. I'm thinking about adding a stripe down the side to add a bit of color to the car. Has anyone put an AAR or T/A stripe down the side of a Daytona? I'm just curious what's out there in terms of that. I've seen some AAR stripes on Daytonas on google images, but I'm unsure where they got the kit or if it was painted on.

Does anyone have any information on this?

I'm kind of curious on other's opinions on this as well.

Thanks!

turbo addict

Re: Car getting repainted. Stripe thoughts?

I think the AAR stripe fits them well. I think a T/A stripe with some inlay wording would be neat too.

Hybrid booster

There was a G24 stripe package offered by DC bitd. It's on the Turbo Z from the Wraith.

Hybrid booster

I forgot to mention the car will be Bright White. I'm trying to find something to offset all the white color.

The g24 would be neat. I tried to look for a quality photo of it online, but can't seem to find one. Does anyone make the g24 stripe in reproduction, or have dimensions of it?

I think the best thing to do would research the overall length of the car, and compare it to other vehicles to see what "may" fit without going to get something custom made.

I'm actually pondering something like this: http://www.vinylgraphics.net/product...rsal-Products/ in black, that could be trimmed so it's beveled at the edges.

Any other suggestions?

turbo addict

My suggestion would be to stay clear of any old Mopar muscle car graphics if you will ever attend shows with these types of cars. Driving a FWD Mopar your already like a red headed step child to them, and adding something like AAR graphics will just give them more reason to shun you. Wasn't the 89 AGB and AGS cars just all one color? Nothing wrong with that look. Sometimes less is more.
    Todd

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    My suggestion would be to stay clear of any old Mopar muscle car graphics if you will ever attend shows with these types of cars. Driving a FWD Mopar your already like a red headed step child to them, and adding something like AAR graphics will just give them more reason to shun you. Wasn't the 89 AGB and AGS cars just all one color? Nothing wrong with that look. Sometimes less is more.
    Todd
    Yep. And the beer wore off after I woke up that night.
    I am still thinking of a pin stripe, just nothing that takes up multiple inches of real estate on the side.