Thread: my omni, 2.4 turbo motor, and 568 for cherokee xj

Garrett booster

my omni glh-t, 2.4 turbo motor, and 568 for cherokee xj

Date: 02nd January 2015
    Username: moparmorrell
    Full Name: Andy Morrell
    City, State, Zip: Missoula, Montana, 59808
    Selling or Wanted Price: looking to trade

Description: I'm looking to trade my Omni glh-t for a 84-01 jeep cherokee xj. my omni is red on red but I have stripped the interior to begin restoring the car. my intentions were to basically make a race car out of it. the car was left with the hood of for many years and all the under hood wiring is shot including the engine. the upside to this car no rust through, has some surface rust on the front floors but i poked at them with a screwdriver and all was good. i still have everything for the car but the seats are all need recovered or replaced. ive purchased a 2.4 turbo from a pt cruiser that needs rebuilt. also have a 568 transmission that i recently bought from cindy at fwd perf. description was it was either a low mileage or possible rebuilt tranny, big spline, and maybe lsd. i feel as if this car is to much of a project for me right now with my limted resources and where at in my life right now and would like to get back to something im a little more familiar with, so im looking for a cherokee xj so me and my family can explore the great back roads of montana. the only requirements i have is that is 4x4 and has the 4.0 and would prefer a 5spd. texting me for pics is best and i have a ton of them and will take any pic you ask for, email is also just as good. car has no title but titles are easy to get here so can work that out with you if its an issue in your state. not looking to ship the car, but can trailer it within reasonable distance, such as idaho, washington, oregon or possible other surrounding states. if you can do the transport that would be best or maybe meet halfway. get a hold of me if your interested and we can figure something out or answer any question you may have. thanks for looking
    Last edited by moparmorrell; 01-02-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Garrett booster

Re: my omni, 2.4 turbo motor, and 568 for cherokee xj

Would also look at cash offers

Garrett booster

Well DANG! We just traded my ladies 2000 XJ with new engine, tranny, and flexplate for a 99 Dakota from WY. The Jeep had a stumble fuel issue priobably at 2300rpm, and the dakota runs great so it was perfect for us. This would have been sweeter.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by TopGunRMNP View Post
    Well DANG! We just traded my ladies 2000 XJ with new engine, tranny, andsomeone else will thinkxplate for a 99 Dakota from WY. The Jeep had a stumblesomethingl issue priobably at 2300rpm, and the dakota runs great so it was perfect for us. This would have been sweeter.
    Now ill lay awake tonight thinking about what could have been! Lol not really but gives me hope maybe someone else will think the same and well have a trade. glad you at least got something you like!