Thread: looking for a mint low mile shadow turbo 2 door 89-91 especially 89 csx

Mitsu booster

looking for a mint low mile shadow turbo 2 door 89-91 especially 89 csx

looking for an exceptionally clean turbo shadow or 89 csx.Will consider all including modded cars if they are crazy clean,original paint cars and low miles prefered,thanks!

ogopogo69 'at" shaw.ca

Date:
    25th December 2014
    Username: ogopogo
    Full Name:
    City, State, Zip:
    Contact: (your choice of listing e-mail and phone. you must provide phone number via at least PM if potential buyer wants to verify.)
    Selling or Wanted Price: (any applicable merchant fees must be included in this and not in addition)

Description: Be very descriptive and accurate of the items to be sold or those wanted.

For those selling, a photo showing the items you have for sale/trade needs to have a piece of paper with your username and date included in the photo.

The above details are not optional. This is to protect buyers... just put yourself in their shoes.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: looking for a mint low mile shadow turbo 2 door 89-91 especially 89 csx

Any price range you're looking to stay with? Are you willing to travel thousands of miles to pick it up?

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor DOHCRT's Avatar

Probably the nicest one on the market today, I personally did the intercooler, suspension, brakes and cylinder head on this one.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/4819216083.html

Vic in Phoenix
    dohcrt@cox.net

91 Spirit R/T x4
    92 Spirit R/T x2
    89 CSX
    88 CSX-TIII
    84 Rampage TII
    97 Ram (Buzzin Half Dozen)
    69 Dart GT 'Vert

Mitsu booster

I dont have a price range,i will pay fair market value,i would prefer not to travel thousands of miles but I will for exceptional low mile perfect cars.My favorite 2 cars to aquire would be a nice 89 csx and a black 90-91 turbo es.I really like that white car in az but dont care for the fact its been repainted and noticed the fog lamps are missing and wonder if that may point to a prior fender bender.that being said I do plan to call the owner....

turbo addict

Fog lamps missing is a real deal breaker...my guess is they were removed for the FMIC install. Probably still has them. I've owned several GLHT's and Shadows with factory driving lights and have virtually never turned them on. IMO your search is about 15-20 years too late (lol). Finding original paint, mint, low mileage, Turbo Mopars is going to be tough search. Well, at least you're willing to travel. Expect to pay a premium for such a car if it does exist. I know of a under 20k mile black with gray cloth 89 Daytona CS AGS car for sale in MPLS, MN area. It was around $9-10K IIRC. Good luck with search.
    I don't think the one Sunlight yellow 89 ES original paint Shadow ever sold. Very rare one year color. Do a search for it if interested. Factory fog lights and factory sunroof on that one. Another guy had a 88 base 4 dr. turbo Shadow with 70K something miles on it. Don't think that ever sold either. That one was clean with some nice upgrades on it.
    Todd
    Last edited by 4 l-bodies; 12-26-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Mitsu booster

There has to be a few minty survivor type ones out there but they are rare.these cars are kind of like the dusters and demons from the early 70's,they were cheap disposable hot rods and treated as such,they were never "high end" or coveted so few were meticulously cared for or preserved like many of the higher end performance cars were.I have had a ton of high end muscle cars and performance cars over the years but realize now the many turbo shadows I had back in the day were a heck of a lot of fun for what they were ,and economical to boot!
    I still restore/collect mopar muscle and it is a very very expensive hobby,i could pay a world record price for the best shadow on the planet and it would still be less than the cost of a paintjob on one of my musclecars..

Im not in a big panic,just want to see whats out there or if anyone knows of a real good one stashed away somewhere...

Hybrid booster

You could contact this guy. He has a new unregistered 89 CSX, there's a couple picts of it in this ebay listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Cars-Shelb...p2047675.l2557

Garrett booster

Search Austin,TX craigslist