Thread: Supercharge Dodge Daytona Engines?

Mitsu booster

Supercharge Dodge Daytona Engines?

Do they make a supercharger for the 3.0L v6 that will fit in my 90 dodge daytona that I might buy? If figured someone has since they are technically a Mitsubishi engine.

Also, does anyone make the supercharger for the 2.2L non turbo engines. I know they made them under the direct connection name back in the day but I am going to assume no one has remade them correct?

Hybrid booster

Re: Supercharge Dodge Daytona Engines?

Going to say no and no to both questions. I think he goes by Kreel on TD, and might have the same username here, but he was one who sucessfully supercharged his 3.0. I think he used an M56 or M90 eaton supercharger.

Garrett booster

Here's one I saw at a local meet, but he definitely had to make his own adapter plate and modify the intake plenum. I'm going to agree with turismolover and say there isn't a kit readily available.

Hybrid booster

As stated in the other thread, you'd be better off buying one that's already built. Both your vehicle options would make your speed goals difficult to reach.

turbo addict

There is no bolt-on supercharger for the 3.0. It has been done by several people several different ways over the years. My personal opinion is that none of them really got the most out of the system for many different reasons.

If you get in contact with Kelly Mulhern (sp? I still screw his last name up ) he has made different types of turbocharger manifolds. One places the turbo behind the engine. The other places it over the transmission and I believe requires the intake manifold to be spun 180*. On stock electronics with a rising rate regulator and (I think this is critical) opened up ring gaps Ondonti (Brent) made just under 300hp at the wheels on an engine that came out of a junkyard van (I helped pull the engine and I was there for the dyno). Be warned that if you have the A604/41TE 4-speed automatic that without a good rebuild it won't last long. There is more info about that, but I figured a basic warning is good here.

The 2.2 NA engines did have the Direct Connection supercharger kit available. This kit can still be found every now and then ($600 if it's complete from what I remember). It uses a small supercharger and the engine really can't handle all that much boost in NA form, especially the early ones. Most people don't supercharge these engines because they come from the factory turbocharged, but that's not to say it wouldn't work. It really depends on what you are wanting performance wise.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

I wonder if that is M90daytona's car. It was for sale many years ago and I don't know if it ever sold. Really weird for there to be random boosted 3.0's out there. I know there are some that show up every now and again.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Challenge for Ondonti!!!!!!!!! I saw that some new car has both the supercharger and turbo. No lag off the line!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what it was but probably from the EU.

turbo addict

heres the m90 from a thunderbird on a 3.0
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!