Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 403 forbidden

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor A.J.'s Avatar

403 forbidden

I keep getting this screen trying to post a new thread. It's been happening for three days. What's up?

That's odd. I can post a new thread here but not under "Interior, Exterior and Chassis Modifications."

Last edited by A.J.; 12-14-2014 at 11:37 AM.

turbo addict

Re: 403 forbidden

its happened to me too, Frank fixed it both times and it doesnt currently happen. It also seems to "ban" my ip and I cant access the site anymore once Ive seen that 403 page 2 or 3 times.

seems to be "triggered" by posting more than 3 photobucket pics in a new thread/post..or its just a coincidence

That version of the Mac OS isn't supported anymore. Reached EOL for version 10.94483_23a.v.679. You're probably running 10.94483_23a.v.678 and Macs are like that, can't handle version differences to the thousandths place. You could go to a number of OS'es that are still supported and are over 10 years old and you'll be good. Good luck!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by acannell View Post
    its happened to me too, Frank fixed it both times and it doesnt currently happen. It also seems to "ban" my ip and I cant access the site anymore once Ive seen that 403 page 2 or 3 times.

seems to be "triggered" by posting more than 3 photobucket pics in a new thread/post..or its just a coincidence
    I was trying to post multiple photobucket pics. It was an install for a floor shifter in my mini-van.

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    That version of the Mac OS isn't supported anymore. Reached EOL for version 10.94483_23a.v.679. You're probably running 10.94483_23a.v.678 and Macs are like that, can't handle version differences to the thousandths place. You could go to a number of OS'es that are still supported and are over 10 years old and you'll be good. Good luck!
    I am currently running 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). I tried for an hour and a half last night trying to download Yosemite. I tried two other Macs (1st on a MacBook Pro, then the other two were an iMac and a MacBook Air) and I kept getting looped on Apple's website. I have to chalk I up to a problem on their end unless it was my internet connection.

I'm gonna go ahead and blame the user for this one.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

I'm running Yosemite on my '13 iMac and '13 MacBookAir and have not seen that. I also just posted a thread in the "Interior, Exterior, and Chassis Modifications" forum using my old '01 PowerMac G4 using Mac OS 10.5.8 (Leopard) and no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and blame the user for this one.
    You would.

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    I'm running Yosemite on my '13 iMac and '13 MacBookAir and have not seen that. I also just posted a thread in the "Interior, Exterior, and Chassis Modifications" forum using my old '01 PowerMac G4 using Mac OS 10.5.8 (Leopard) and no problems.
    My iMac is mid '07 with 10.6.8, my MacBook pro is '09 or '10 with 10.6.8, and my MacBook Air is '13 with 10.8.5. I didn't try posting with the Air but I did try to download Yosemite on all three and all three got the run around in the app store.

turbo addict

Im running XP so I dont see how this would have anything to do with OS. It also ends up effecting my android phone when its on Wifi. Doesnt work on computer = doesnt work on android.

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Its a mod_security glitch. Please PM me your IP as seen at ip.innoscale.net and let me know the time you did so.
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Also until then, use (if they offer it) a tiny URL or a third party one.
    Frank Katzenberger

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

166.137.246.121 at 2:14 MST

Thanks.

turbo addict

its back! just tried to post something with 6 or 7 pics and got 403 forbidden. no VPN turned on. It must have something to do with the number of pics in a post.

Yup it's back. I finally got around to posting my mini-van floor shifter install thread and it won't let me post more than 3 pictures at a time. I broke my post into two separate posts so it's still possible to post.

turbo addict

just tried to post a short reply with no pics and got 403 forbidden

For those that are having the problem, please copy what you were going to post into notepad. Please make sure you switch your editor to source mode so it copies the syntax to notepad. If it gives you a 403 after you submit the post, please send me the contents to frank.katzenberger@xltweb.com

Thanks,
    Frank
    Frank Katzenberger

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Just happened to me, I'll see if I can do what you ask, lol.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    For those that are having the problem, please copy what you were going to post into notepad. Please make sure you switch your editor to source mode so it copies the syntax to notepad. If it gives you a 403 after you submit the post, please send me the contents to frank.katzenberger@xltweb.com

Thanks,
    Frank

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

After trying to upload numerous pics, the website, aka HAL, locked me out for 2 days, lol.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Locked out, visiting through proxy. Funny that at first I was only blocked from one thread and then 30 minutes later from the entire site. Seems a lot like some of the options some forum software has that allows supermoderators to mess with users.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Likely unrelated but my keystrokes become delayed and get missed (not a typo, they do not register) whenever I backspace to fix a typo.

It then gets worse with each new backspace until it gets so bad that I can't type, unless I wait maybe a second between key strokes. So . . . my fix is to type what I want to say into Notepad and copy/paste it into the reply box. Then, after I do that, I usually have to fix some formatting error or some typo that I spot and ten it gets really really bad, even to the point of crashing the post.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast