Thread: Stopped by Rossion

Garrett booster

Stopped by Rossion

I stopped by Rossion today on the way to work and they have done an amazing clean out.
    The scrap guy is the happiest ever his pick up was overloaded.
    It was sad to see all the totally good parts and pieces getting thrown out.
    The shop is where they have cleaned up the containers are still full of stuff.
    I found a few cool things today.
    Check out the Corvette powered Consulier I kind of like the rear end..... I see corvette tail lights..!
    I like the wheels also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c:c.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	846.6 KB 
ID:	52307  

turbo addict

Re: Stopped by Rossion

They wanted a large price for all that stuff, but now they are just tossing it. At least they could have called and said to "here, come get it".
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

boostaholic

So lame.

Somebody scooped up the unibodies piled out back right? The black crash test one and the yellow "radical" racer and the couple others??
    MinivanRider

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Shelby did same thing at their Whittier plant years ago. A bunch of us got to do the 'plant tour' with the SDAC club in 93 IIRC, there were huge bins filled with heads, TII turbos, 2 piece intakes-basically everything you'd find on any of the Whittier Shelby Cars that were built there over the four year run. I found out after the fact in 95 or 96 (it was after the 94 Newport Beach auction sold off all the 'good stuff') By talking to a guy that was working at the plant at the time. I remember him telling me directly, "Yep, we threw away 11 industrial sized dumpsters full of stuff before they tore the old buildings down" The one thing about that that made me the most pi$$ed off is that there was one Ex Shelby employee that 'got the call' to come get stuff. He did, he scored some cool items but then DIDN'T tell any of the rest of the club. Bastid!

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Rrider View Post
    So lame.

Somebody scooped up the unibodies piled out back right? The black crash test one and the yellow "radical" racer and the couple others??
    The Yellow Radical Racer was being smashed with the forklift while I was there so it could fit in the dumpster.
    Van unibodies are up for grabs if you want I was told.
    They were throwing out entire walls of fasteners .....because they are in the way.
    I think the investors have taken control and they want to start/go forward new and clean...I love a clean workshop..!!

Hybrid booster

#44, PM me your contact info. Maybe I can talk my brother into stopping by and loading up is truck.
    What's the timeframe on when that stuff will be gone?

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Shelby did same thing at their Whittier plant years ago. A bunch of us got to do the 'plant tour' with the SDAC club in 93 IIRC, there were huge bins filled with heads, TII turbos, 2 piece intakes-basically everything you'd find on any of the Whittier Shelby Cars that were built there over the four year run. I found out after the fact in 95 or 96 (it was after the 94 Newport Beach auction sold off all the 'good stuff') By talking to a guy that was working at the plant at the time. I remember him telling me directly, "Yep, we threw away 11 industrial sized dumpsters full of stuff before they tore the old buildings down" The one thing about that that made me the most pi$$ed off is that there was one Ex Shelby employee that 'got the call' to come get stuff. He did, he scored some cool items but then DIDN'T tell any of the rest of the club. Bastid!
    I heard stories about Han Herman heads sliding across the concrete floor towards the dumpster. If only they would have gotten into the right hands.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Garrett booster

[QUOTE=player1up;1064074]#44, PM me your contact info. Maybe I can talk my brother into stopping by and loading up is truck.
    What's the timeframe on when that stuff will be gone
    He better step on it.
    I talked to Dave Christian he is the parts guy for Rossion.
    It is getting cleaned as we type.

turbo addict

Randy told me that they had this....I called and talked to Dave, the parts guy. He emailed me this shot.
    Same (or close) seats I have in my car. I want it! I find out next week what they want for it, thats when Mike is back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	recaroseat.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	349.2 KB 
ID:	52312  
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Ouch. That's got to sting to this day.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Especially when the parts get resold.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Ouch. That's got to sting to this day.
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaV12 View Post
    Especially when the parts get resold.
    Yikes. I'll have to withhold comment as I don't know the whole story. Yikes again...