11 50.00%
  • paint the skirting black

6 27.27%
  • paint the skirting and the bummper black

5 22.73%

Thread: color change

Hybrid booster

color change

I have a prep guy to get my shadow ready for paint and do the door jams and that stuff. But what shade of yellow would look the best. and leave the skirting the same color or go black? It,s a ES with grey seats/ black top.AL

Re: color change

I'm not sure what shade of yellow they used on the DC Yellowbird Shadow, but that was one sharp looking car. There's a picture of it about 1/4 of the way down the page here. Maybe somebody here knows what the paint code for that yellow was.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

I still have that Hot Rod magazine somewhere with that yellow Shadow. I loved that car, I wonder why I never bought one?????? Anyhoo, I say black skirts and black stripes on the bumper, my Yellow parts ES has that, looks wicked.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor LeGweg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    I say black skirts and black stripes on the bumper

Hybrid booster

i was told that was last year she said pink now O M G. pink with black. at least it will match her motor. but it's her car. she was looking at a pink awd turbo talon on Ebay. i don't want to have to fix that i just love that DC shadow. as she told me i never told you what to do with your sex van. thats what she calls it. HELP AL
    Last edited by 5sp. mini; 01-14-2006 at 05:59 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by LeGweg

Quote Originally Posted by 5sp. mini
    i was told that was last year she said pink now O M G. pink with black. at least it will match her motor. but it's her car. she was looking at a pink awd turbo talon on Ebay. i don't want to have to fix that i just love that DC shadow. as she told me i never told you what to do with your sex van. thats what she calls it. HELP AL
    I dunno what to tell you man. If it's her car, it's pretty much her decision. All I can suggest is to steer her away from it being subtle over time.
    Show her some pics of different color cars and see if you can find something she likes better. You might also mention that nobody in their right mind would ever buy it if she needed to sell it for some reason.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I would paint as much of it black as possible.

Garrett booster

it wouldn't be the first pink P body

Actually pink and black two tone looks kinda cool for a girl's car, wouldnt paint my car that color combo but i was starting to paint my g/f beretta candy pink on bottom, and black up top then the motor blew, oh well anyways if she's set on pink i'd do from the bodyline (close to the top of the door) up black, and everything from there down pink, I used house of kolor zenith gold basecoat (bc12) and topped it with pink candy (uk18) it's a really deep/wet looking hot pink color not that flowery foo foo pink like the car above lol. anyways just something to think about if you want pm me and i'll get you a pic of the color i still have the doors off my g/f car at my parents house so i can take a pic when im there this sun.