Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TBI block.

turbo addict

Re: TBI block.

Now you are making it difficult to choose what to do. Hinges look like something from a hardware store?

Quote Originally Posted by thedon809 View Post
    Now you are making it difficult to choose what to do. Hinges look like something from a hardware store?
    Just a steel continuous hinge that I cut to size, knocked the pin out and made a pin that also included the stopper so the trap door wouldn't get pinned open from oil sloshing around. Took some time, but it really wasn't hard to do...and I was really a beginner with a MIG at that point.

turbo addict

I think I will end up going with something like on your scaries. Keep it pretty simple. Whats everyones opinion on ARP main studs? Are they truly necessary? I'm shooting for 300-350whp capable engine. What about using a torque plate? I'm going with .020 oversized venolia's. My blocks cyl walls are no bueno for standard sized pistons.

turbo addict

Bringing this thread back. I've finally gotten to where I need to figure out the oil drain. I haven't drilled the block or anything and was leaning towards putting it in the pan. I'm still running equal length L body halfshafts. Does anyone have pictures of the axles underneath the car to see how close they run to the block? Obviously I'm going to have to put it at basically as high as it can go on the pan. I wonder if I should put a tube in at an angle or have it come out straight perpendicular to the pan and then bend 90 degrees or so up. This support is in the way as well.

turbo addict

This is the closest pic I have of getting an idea where to run the tube. I might just break down and pull the axle out and bolt it too the block. I'm lazy and don't feel like it though lol.

turbo addict

Was rummaging through my crap and found this tube. Should work perfectly with a little bending and massaging.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12