Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idle above 1500 RPM and won't settle.

turbo addict

Re: Idle above 1500 RPM and won't settle.

I pulled the IAC and unscrewed the plunger until it seated firmly closed and left it unplugged, and it "fixed" it. So I either had two bad IAC valves or the computer is telling it to idle up. A new IAC is 50 bucks so I'll just leave it blocked off unless there is a good reason not to.

Mitsu booster

Re: Idle above 1500 RPM and won't settle.

Quote Originally Posted by moparman76_69 View Post
    I pulled the IAC and unscrewed the plunger until it seated firmly closed and left it unplugged, and it "fixed" it. So I either had two bad IAC valves or the computer is telling it to idle up. A new IAC is 50 bucks so I'll just leave it blocked off unless there is a good reason not to.
    I was fighting a similar issue this weekend on my GLHS Omni... Car would not idle below 1800rpm.... Swapped out with another used AIS, but still had the problem... I did a AIS test, as instructed to..... I got the motor to running temp.. Then while idling I pulled the brake booster hose off the back of the manifold and the car then idled at 3K rpm.. Let it do this for just over 1 minute.. Then I unplugged the AIS connector at the throttle body.. All this resets the AIS motor I was told..Then while still idling high, I reinstalled the brake booster hose... Then "shut the car off"... Reinstalled the AIS connector, (was told "not" to reinstall connector while running) and then restarted the car.. It then began to idle normal again.. This is how another TDer instructed me and now my car idles fine.. In the morning when cold it idles up and after a short time goes back to 1K rpm as supposed to...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12