Thread: Mopar MS1 for Caliber SRT-4

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Mopar MS1 for Caliber SRT-4

Date: 28th November 2014
    Username: iTurbo
    Full Name: Jeremy Mitchell
    City, State, Zip: Gillette, WY 82716
    Price: $250 shipped to the lower 48 states, outright no core required.

Description: Mopar MS1 ECU for the '08-'09 Caliber SRT-4.

A photo showing the items you have for sale/trade needs to have a piece of paper with your username and date included in the photo.

I am selling the Mopar MS1 ECU that is currently installed in my Caliber SRT-4. I originally bought this from FWDP and it has served me very well for the past 3-4 years. I recently purchased the RealTune MS1K ECU and will be installing that soon so I no longer need this since I still have my stock ECU to use as a backup. These are no longer available from Mopar Performance and are getting hard to find.

Compared to stock, this ECU will raise the boost to ~16 psi at WOT, and also provide MUCH improved throttle response and likely better gas mileage if you can keep your foot out of it. It will be ready to ship as soon as I install the new ECU from RealTune. This will work great on cars that are bone stock (like mine currently) or with the usual bolt-on mods (intake, downpipe etc).

DISCLAIMER: You WILL need to go to the dealership so that the ECU can be installed with a StarScan tool.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Re: Mopar MS1 for Caliber SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    Date: 28th November 2014
    Username: iTurbo
    Full Name: Jeremy Mitchell
    City, State, Zip: Gillette, WY 82716
    Price: $250 shipped to the lower 48 states, outright no core required.

Description: Mopar MS1 ECU for the '08-'09 Caliber SRT-4.

A photo showing the items you have for sale/trade needs to have a piece of paper with your username and date included in the photo.

I am selling the Mopar MS1 ECU that is currently installed in my Caliber SRT-4. I originally bought this from FWDP and it has served me very well for the past 3-4 years. I recently purchased the RealTune MS1K ECU and will be installing that soon so I no longer need this since I still have my stock ECU to use as a backup. These are no longer available from Mopar Performance and are getting hard to find.

Compared to stock, this ECU will raise the boost to ~16 psi at WOT, and also provide MUCH improved throttle response and likely better gas mileage if you can keep your foot out of it. It will be ready to ship as soon as I install the new ECU from RealTune. This will work great on cars that are bone stock (like mine currently) or with the usual bolt-on mods (intake, downpipe etc).

DISCLAIMER: You WILL need to go to the dealership so that the ECU can be installed with a StarScan tool.
    I would suggest hanging onto the MP stge 1 until after you have installed the msk1, and see how your car runs first
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Noted and thanks Cindy. I should be installing the MS1K v2 in the next two weeks or so.

yea, glad to see you have the v2 not the v1 msk1, although if I ever decide to mess with mine, I'll get a diablosport.
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Looks like I may have spoken too soon by posting this for sale. No MS1K for me so I'll continue on using the Mopar MS1. I tried; oh well not a big deal.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Bummer, what fell through with the MS1K?

I just never heard back from them. I contacted them via the BF sale thread and via PM and offered to pay right away ($665/no core) and send out the document sheet. I would have bought it via their website but it did not reflect the BF sale price. Sale's over now though. Kind of a bummer because I had held off on buying anything else for BF.

That's unfortunate.

..and here he goes posting more "Cyber" sales. I posted my grief and I will probably be banned for not being an RT nutswinger. Looking at the Diablosport now.

Honestly I hardly ever visit that board anymore. I'd love for someone to make me an offer I can't refuse for my Caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    ..and here he goes posting more "Cyber" sales. I posted my grief and I will probably be banned for not being an RT nutswinger. Looking at the Diablosport now.
    I would definetly get the diablosport! We sell them for only $379 and it comes with a canned tune that's pretty good, plus the user can make some changes on their own to enhance it

If you read that board, very few like the diablo setup.

Quote Originally Posted by supercrackerbox View Post
    If you read that board, very few like the diablo setup.
    Yea, I do read that forum, but there is also a lot of good feedback on the DS. As a DS tuner, I can say their stuff works great, and given a choice I'd rather pay $375 for a product that works out the box and can be modified to my liking as time and mods change vs spending $700 for a product that can't be changed. Also since RT is practically the only vendor on that forum, I'm not surprised that many take exception to any product not made by them. Not knocking their products, they have some good stuff, just saying that sometimes you have to look at who's saying what and why.

I think if you played with a DS on an srt-4, you might be surprised..

I have nothing against RealTune personally and I'm sure they make great products. I have heard nothing but good things about the MS1K tunes. They have quite a few products that could really bring the CSRT to the next level. But the bridge has been burnt from both ends it seems. Oh well.

I wasn't happy with the customer service though. I feel like I was blown off for whatever reason. To miss out on other Black Friday specials because I *thought* I had purchased this bothered me (nor did I buy anything else). But I guess I saved $665 so that is good I guess. In hindsight I should have bought a new set of rods from FWDP! The fact that they were more interested in posting further 'Cyber Monday' sales rather than get back to me about following through with my purchase did not help. I posted in their BF sale thread, I PM'd them and nothing. In the meantime all the sales have expired everywhere.

I'm not surprised that the Diablosport is frowned upon at the calibersrt4.net forum. There is bias there, but it mostly comes from the users and not from RealTune. Like I said, that forum is full of nut swingers and fanboys that can't wait to get a pat on the head for their efforts.
    Last edited by iTurbo; 12-03-2014 at 10:11 PM.