Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Print your own Shelby Lancer Wheel Center Caps

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: Print your own Shelby Lancer Wheel Center Caps

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Is shapeways still the way to go? I don't have my own printer and I'd like to get some good quality ones made if at all possible.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Is shapeways still the way to go? I don't have my own printer and I'd like to get some good quality ones made if at all possible.

will they print them in petg or abs? will they print the inner piece at an angle for better tab strength?

Brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

I've never used them before so I don't know what they use or if you can request things about the printing process. That's one reason I asked about their work and if anyone had had these caps printed and in use. Even the inserts would be great if the print quality holds up.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

They have a "Contact Sales" button on their main page. Cant hurt to ask.

Brian

i remixed this to separate the cap and the insert so that the insert can be printed at a different axis so that the layer lines are at a different axis from what is acting on the tabs.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5439359

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    i remixed this to separate the cap and the insert so that the insert can be printed at a different axis so that the layer lines are at a different axis from what is acting on the tabs.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5439359

Brian
    Thanks Brian! I will get in touch with them to see what kind of quality they can or will print items. I'd like to get one to see how it holds up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12