I have been working for the last 4 or so months completing this project. I turbocharged a slant six in my 1968 Dodge Dart. I have literally built the entire setup in the driveway.

I am searching for answers on electronics and a few more tuning questions and happened across this forum.

This is a daily driven car, and as such, it has been built with whatever safety and detonation limiting factors I can have. Right now - one of those - limiting the timing advance to 18* seems to be hurting performance when you're really pushing it. This car is already a rocket compared to what it was though, it's just that it can be better I think.

The setup is a 68 Slant, all internal components are exactly factory. The head has been rebuilt, brand new valves, and surface shaved - not decked to anything significant - to keep the compression similar. I built a J-pipe and downpipe myself, and run a .50 trim t3/t4 style turbocharger on it, blown through an intercooler then a Holley 350 with Hangar18 modifications completed, and a cut off choke-tower. The distributor is a stock points type, converted to electronic ignition, then I welded the governor throws clsoed a little to only allow 8* advance, then set initial timing to 10* and left the vacuum advance hooked up. In the future I'll put a volvo 240t vacuum/boost unit on it instead after I finish sorting that out. I have an MSD6 ALN to put on the car if need be, but right now, it's not in or hooked up, I'm just utilizing the Pertronix ignition.

There's a walbro 255lph electric pump feeding it through a boost referenced regulator with a return up front in the engine bay.

Right now I'm pushing 8 pounds of boost, initial set of 4psi fuel pressure, that raises 1:1 with boost pressure. It also runs very smoothly at a 14.5 AFR in cruise, 22 with the throttle closed and a solid 11.8 when at WOT.

I just dyno tested it, and am really really trying for a solid 200RWHP over the stock 95rwhp. At 8psi thought, it seemed to stop pulling after 3500RPM that i think is due to something in the ignition, or perhaps the wrong plug gap or something. It made 164rwhp and 234'lbs of torque @3600rpm. Basically I think it should be better at those numbers, so I want to crank the boost to 10, and see what other adjustments i can make to hit 200 without making the boost to out of hand. 10 is really where I want to stop on a daily driver. Basically I'm asking for advice on what i can do to milk that extra 40whp and maybe improve on what I have, while still leaving the slant itself "stock."